Service Meeting Week of November 28, 2005

by TheListener 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheListener
    TheListener

Song 7

12 min: Local announcements. read accounts report and donation acknowledgments. Remind publishers to turn in field service reports for November. Using the suggestions on page 4 (if appropriate for your territory), demonstrate how to present the December 1 Watchtower and and December 8 Awake! Other realistic presentations may be used. Include mention of the donation arrangement.

15 min: "How Can We Help?" A talk. Give a few examples of the efforts made by servants of Jehovah to provide relief for fellow believers in dire need. (See the Awake! issues of August 8, 2003, pp. 10-15; November 22, 2002, pp. 19-24; and October 22, 2001, pp. 23-7. Other references may also be used.) Then discuss the key points from the article on page 3 of Our Kingdom Ministry. Emphasize that if any wish to make a donation for humanitarian and relief assistance, it is preferred that they do this by contributing the funds to the worldwide work.

18 min: Presenting the Good News in December. Talk and audience discussion. In a five-minute opening talk, briefly review the following points from "How to Use Sample Presentations," found on page 8 of the January 2005 Our KIngdom Ministry: (1) We will usually be more effective if we put presentations in our own words. (2) We must use good judgment and adapt our presentations according to what is acceptable locally. (3) We need to take into accountthe background and thinking of the people in our territory. (4) We should carefully read the chapter that we plan to feature and look for points that may stir interest. (5) We are not limited to using the approaches outlined in the sample presentations. Then discuss how to apply those points when presenting the literature offer for December. You may use the sample presentations in the January 2005 Our Kingdom Ministry insert or other presentations that are effective locally. Demonstrate one or two presentations.

Song 123 and concluding prayer.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Other realistic presentations may be used. Include mention of the donation arrangement.

They need to make up their minds: "Realistic" -OR- "mention donation arrangement"

Dave

• Purza
    Purza

Man, how I miss these meetings! NOT

Emphasize that if any wish to make a donation for humanitarian and relief assistance, it is preferred that they do this by contributing the funds to the worldwide work.

This makes me ill.

Purza

• minimus
    minimus

Yet the Society claims they rarely ask for money. They ALWAYS talk about donations, how to give them----dead or alive!

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

How glad I am that I won't be there to hear this recycled crap. When I was an ms, I sometimes used to get the "privilege" of presenting this sort of bs to the cong. I look back on those days with feelings of shame and guilt.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thank you for posting

Well, I think the repeating comments asking for money, .... well I hear the same thing, ... ASKING FOR MONEY

and to think, when I was out in service, .. I would ask for money for them.

Thanks for the reminder.

Will you be cutting a check this week, so, the work will continue?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Of course they wouldn't pass a collection plate around like Christendom would they?

• Latte
    Latte

BIG

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

seems like the KMs are copy paste month after month... same ol' same ol''

Less articles too or they have you study a WT article - which some have nothing to do with Service.

WAC

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Song 7 Act like a Wiseass in the Face of Calamity

12 min: Local annoyances . Read accounts report and donation acknowledgments. Hound publishers to turn in doctored field service reports for November. Using the suggestions on page 4 (if annoying in your territory), demonstrate how to pressure people with the December 1 Watchtower and December 8 Awake! Other regurgitated presentations may be used. Include mention of the completely unsolicited and unobtrusive voluntary donation arrangement.

15 min: "How Can We talk?" Not Help . Give the few examples of the efforts made by servants of Jehovah to provide relief for fellow believers in dire need by providing talk about how good it’s going to be after the world slaughter by God. (See the Awake! issues of August 8, 2003, pp. 10-15; November 22, 2002, pp. 19-24; and October 22, 2001, pp. 23-7. Other self-congratulatory articles may also be shoved down the congregation’s throat.) Then deceive with the key points from the article on page 3 of Our Kingdom Ministry. Emphasize that if any wish to make a donation for humanitarian and relief assistance, it is preferred that they do this by contributing the funds to the worldwide work so we can do what the hell we want with it and not have to account for where it went.

18 min: Presenting the Good Snooze in December. Talk and audience domination. In a five-minute opening talk, briefly review the following points from "How to Use Pushy Presentations," found on page 8 of the January 2005 Our Kingdom Misery: (1) We will usually be more effective if we put presentations in our own words and don’t take no for an answer. (2) We must use good judgment and adapt our presentations according to what objection is popular locally. (3) We need to take into account the background and thinking of the people in our territory, then disregard them, making old people stand 45 minutes because they are too kind to tell us to buzz off, and sick people stand in the cold draft of their front door while we talk about a new world where no one will ever be sick again. (4) We should carefully read the chapter that we plan to feature and look for points that may stir up people into an angry frenzy that we can end by yelling, “you’re worldly and will die soon anyway!”. (5) We are not limited to using the approaches outlined in the sample presentations, feel free to say any crazy ass thing that makes you feel better than the householder. Then discuss how to apply those points when pressuring people with the literature offer for December. You may use the sample presentations in the January 2005 Our Kingdom Ministry insert or other presentations that are creating animosity locally. Demonstrate one or two confrontations.

Song 123 Move Your Head and concluding prayer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit