IMAGINE

by myelaine 20 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

I am not worried about what the ELDERS might think. I worry about only Jehovah, Jesus,wife and kids.

D.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    as soon as you're born, they make you feel small, by giving you no time, instead of it all...

yep.

Another memorable line from that song:

"There's room at the top they are telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill..."

• myelaine
    myelaine

Consider now from this day forward, from the twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, from the day that the foundation of the LORD'S temple was laid----consider it; Is the seed still in the barn? As yet the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate, and the olive tree have not yielded fruit. But from this day forward I will bless you. ((Haggai 2:18-19)

Amen.

love michelle

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

you have to check out a perfect circle's version of this song. amazing

• myelaine
    myelaine

According to the word that I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt, so My Spirit remains among you; do not fear! For thus says the LORD of hosts; once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land; and I will shake nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations, and I will fill this temple with glory; says the LORD of hosts. The silver is Mine, and the gold is Mine, says the LORD of hosts. The glory of this latter temple shall be greater than the former, says the LORD of hosts. And this place I will give peace, says the LORD of hosts. (Haggai 2:5-9)

love michelle

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I think a world without religion would be great too!
    SNG

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I remember enjoying that song a lot and having a few JWs here, who admitted they also enjoyed it, launch us all into one colossal guilt trip because of some of the lyrics in the song. How sad that you can't even appreciate such a beautiful sentiment because of cult mind control. Thanks for posting this.

• Es
    Es

there were rumours going around that he was studying with the witnesses when he wrote this song...prob not true but def interesting

es

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

.....No religion too

I would love to live in that kind of world

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

When I was a Witness, I thought it applied to the new system, too. But the only way a person could possibly think so is to listen to the song with Witness-filtered earmuffs on.
    I mean, look at the lyrics. Lennon is describing a world that is free of the major causes of discord: religion, nationalism, differential material wealth. Kind of an idealized form of communism, really.
    But I think the Witness reaction in particular is strange, because Lennon clearly devotes a large portion of the song to anti-Witness principles: namely, forgetting about any concept of heaven and hell (future reward/punishment scenarios) and concentrating on living in the now. I think his point is to be a good person, to build a "brotherhood of man," NOW. And you simply cannot do that in the Witness mindset, since you see the vast majority of mankind as sadly misled followers of Satan who are marked for destruction.
    I feel like I am much closer to Lennon's ideal from here on the outside of belief.
    SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit