Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons in Major Turf Wars!

by Atlantis 13 Replies latest jw friends

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Too funny!!

No, it's pure spoof! As for what would happen if they were working the same block, well, it happens a lot. My missionary sons (LDS) used to make a point of inviting any JWs encountered to have lunch at a restaurant with them. No JWs ever took them up on it, but would simply turn and run. They wouldn't even stand a chat a while. Never even said, "No thanks, but have a good day!" or something similar, like most normal people would. What's up with that?

My sons felt the JWs were cold and hostile. Not the way to make friends and influence people. Maybe JWs need to work on their people skills?

Susan

• nilfun
    nilfun

For some reason, this thread reminds me of West Side Story...

When you're a JW, let them do what they can

You've got brothers around, you're a family man!

You're never alone, you're never disconnected!

You're home with your own -- when company's expected

You're well protected!

Then you are set with a capital J

Which you'll never forget till they cart you away...

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

This is great!!!

It was a bit like that for us growing up, my Dad has 4 brothers and 2 sisters.....now, 1 brother is a JW (since the 70's), 1 sister is a JW (disfellowshipped but still attending), 1 sister is a devout Mormon, another brother was a member of the Church of God (another strange denomination).....the rest are sane.

The discussions and disagreements that went on were so funny, just imagine how they felt when my Mormon auntie's daughter married a 'faded' son of JW's !!!!!

The dub ones were pretty tight-lipped and embarrased about that, but still found satisfaction in that my Mormon-raised cousins joined the Army......

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Maybe we should lock Qcmbr and Defd into a room together....

Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit