Iraq abuse 'as bad as Saddam era'

by Simon 28 Replies latest social current

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Dan....LMAO. Sad really....but a funny take on it.

• metatron
    metatron

one: Mr. Allawi is a secular Shiite politician trying to appeal to secular Sunni voters, amoung others. His claims need

to taken with a grain of salt.

two: These men, like Allawi, are true patriots and heroes of Iraq - they face death by bombs and assassination everyday

but are rich enough to find refuge elsewhere. The fact that they stay and try to govern means they are far more courageous

than you or I. You couldn't pay me any amount of money to attempt what they are trying.

three: Halliburton deserves LOTS of money because they - or more correctly their employees - are doing an extremely difficult

and dangerous job. See number two, above.

four: Phosphorous grenades are old technology, used in World War 2. Without weapons used like these, would this website

be in German?

five: The New York Times reported some time ago that by most statistics, Iraq IS doing better, although not as dramatically as

originally hoped. This newspaper hardly favors Bush or conservatives. Senator Liberman ( Democrat) recently came back

from yet another trip to Iraq and reported that things are moving along, their army is getting better and criticized the opinion

that 'no plan exists'.

six: the French and most everyone else thought Saddam had such weapons. As it was, he easily had enough technology for

'dirty' bombs and some germ warfare. I always thought the real point of this war was to put leverage on Arab nations while

holding on to Iraqi oil fields. The Saudis got the point...........

Finally, Iraq gives me hope for humanity. If the jihadist obsession was 'let go' or treated with appeasement, the eventual result

would be either the end of western civilization - or the extermination of whole Islamic nations. This way, they get a chance to reform,

to grow, to get civilized! Yes, there will be innocent people hurt or killed along the way - but who would have thought that Germany

or Japan would be what they are today, while suffering thru WWII? History will judge this matter differently from the day to day

complaints of the present.

I recently told Amnesty International that I was stopping all my contributions to them because of their criticism of the US. I have

yet to see any such agency produce credible nation building or peacemaking - apart from surrender or appeasement. I really wish

there was another way but wishes aren't reality. This is a job that must be done and I respect Blair in particular for seeing this.

metatron

• Trace
    Trace

It is readily apparent how you became a JW to begin with ... you believe everything you read.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

What is so annoying is how you thrust it on everyone who disagrees and condescendingly infer that ***THEY*** are mistaken.

You know, that kinda' sounds like the JWs also.

So what's this attraction to "all or nothing" "black and white" thinking?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

EF, is that you??? No... no... wait... wishful thinking, I'm sure...

J

• Trace
    Trace

Written like a thoughtful individual who is able to process multiple, and at times seemingly contradictory, "truths."

I applaud you.

• Trace
    Trace

sorry. the last applause was for metatron.

I am "not EF" ...at least I don;t think I am.

How could I tell?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

LOL... no, no... The writing style is similar and I was being partly silly which is, sadly, a major personality flaw of mine...

You have a pm.

Jean

• heathen
    heathen

The main thing I really hate about the situation is that those opposed to the war did not even have a voice in congress nor did they bother with the senate vote . The US was extremely divided to begin with and now suddenly if you don't support what's going on you are unpatriotic . Now just a friggen minute here , the government is for the people by the people they do not have authority to make law without consent of the people, pre emptive strikes is not only unconstitutional it was against the UN charter mandate and resolution to continue with sanctions . They think they can just BS their way out of anything but this one is going to show just what kind of freaks we really have running our government .

• Trace
    Trace
    The main thing I really hate about the situation is that those opposed to the war did not even have a voice in congress nor did they bother with the senate vote .

Could you explain more here please?

Who did "not have a voice" in congress? Folks "against the war" both elected their congressperson and have the same access to their congressperson as those "not against" the war.

Sorry if I'm being dense but .... how can you write "those opposed to the war did not even have a voice in congress" and a few words later bemoan "BS" ???

Seems just a bit disingenuous to me.

• prophecor
    prophecor

There are those who are not willing to go and fight, yet those who are in are reportedly not dying to get out, in fact it is said that the re-enlistment figures are astounding regarding what it is they have to contend with. 2/3 of the country are reportedly under control, it's just that one small pocket that continues to be a problem.

They say that Capitalism has been brought to Iraq with a vengeance. There are satelite dishes and cell phones everywhere. The people are said to want the Americans and thier allies to remain until the job is done. The media doesn't appear to get the message, nor does it appear that they even want to. If that be true, then there will be more than the heads of the likes of Dan Rather, Ted Koppel and others who are pushing a silent agenda for whoevers behind that empirical curtain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit