I May Have Sealed My Fate...Part 2

by atypical 13 Replies latest jw friends

• atypical
    atypical

I appreciate all the feedback. It seems like I have two main paths to choose from. 1 - I can play the game, turn the tables, and frustrate the brothers who are trying to get some dirt on me. 2 - I can refuse to play, stop worrying about what is going on here, and move on with my life. Number 2 seems to be the healthier choice for me psychologically, but the monkey wrench in that plan is the fact that my wife is active, and so I am unable to completely remove the witnesses from my life. Lately we have been thinking seriously about moving out of state. That way I can have a measure of anonymity, and my wife can go the meetings without being interrogated about me.

It is amazing to me to realize how many people have been tricked into "convicting" themselves by trusted friends and family. I am sorry for everyone who has been hurt in this way.

• Confession
    Confession
    The one positive is the fact that my wife is seeing how unreasonable they are being toward me.

Atypical, I guess you can be thankful for this. I too am so happy my 18-year-old daughter has come to see what I have in the last year or so. I have nearly 30 members of my family in the organization, and here's one thought that comforts me: There's NO WAY I'm going to be the only one of them to figure it out.

At the rate people in the English-speaking countries are dropping out and with the increased availability of good, strong information on the internet, I feel it's only a matter of time before other family members and friends will wake up. And I see my fading and exit as playing a role for them.

One: The fact that someone who they love and respect is questioning the WTS may provide added incentive for them to finally consider the information this organization threatens them not to look at.

Two: While anything I say to them (when that time comes) will likely not have any immediate effect on them, it is very possible that, over time, it will eventually be recalled to their minds when questions arise within them.

Three: If they ever do come to believe that the WTS is not what it purports to be, it will be (I believe) MUCH easier for them to take the steps to leave, knowing their relative or good friend has shown them the way. Also, in such an event, they will have someone they may call with which to discuss these things without fear of reprisals.

You have my best wishes and I could certainly use yours.

• atypical
    atypical

Confession, that is a great way to look at it. You are right, my exit should cause some kind of warning flag deep in the minds of my loved ones. How can Jehovah not love me or see the good in me if my family can? That thought gives me some kind of hope.

You certainly have my best wishes, as well.

• loosie
    loosie

If I were in your shoes it would be hard for me to resist not turning him in for all this unreported sex he has had and take the others guys down as well, the ones who said they don't believe all this stuff and can't stand going to the meetings.

Who know you might have a big congo clean out in your hall. That would be fun to watch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit