For Finally-Free

by horrible life 12 Replies latest jw friends

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

LOL that's so funny --- I've tried getting my mac to wear hats, he just gets really embarassed, goes into his house and sits with his face to the corner . He'd kill himself (or me) if I put a flight suit on him!!!!

Does the cockatoo pull his feathers out like macaws do when they get upset or lonely?

Thanks for giving me a laugh today, really needed it

willow

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Does the cockatoo pull his feathers out like macaws do when they get upset or lonely?

Yes, cockatoos will pluck their feathers when stressed or depressed. A few months ago I came home to find my bird's tail feathers and many wing feathers badly chewed. I attributed it to stress caused by a city construction crew that came with heavy equipment to break up the sidewalk in front of my neighbour's house. Or it may be because he got lonely when I was in the hospital for a few days. My neice and her hubby came by to look after him, but couldn't spend as much time with him as I do - and he's also very shy with anyone but me. If anyone comes over to visit he'll usually hide behind me. But his feathers are growing back now!

W

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

Um, under the circumstances, you might avoid the hat decorated with feathers..... just a thought

Yes my Tango is cautious with strangers too and sometimes quite aggressive. He once chased two jws out of my house, lol. He got on the floor and stalked them, never bit, just kept pulling at the elder's pant leg and walking real fast at the sister, looking all bad at them, and kind of mumbling to himself. (For some reason, he really likes the ups guy though.) He pulled out a bunch of his wing and breast feathers a couple of weeks ago, I can't figure out why, the bird doc said he must have been bored or upset. It's so disturbing and sad when they do that, like self mutilation. They are sensitive little creatures. Excellent that Rocco's feathers are growing back!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit