Did your parents find you dates?

by Virgogirl 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• daystar
    daystar

Never. My parents were so very completely uninvolved with my developing into manhood in any normal fashion that nothing was ever addressed unless it was related to some JW restriction.

So, no normal, healthy interest in the opposite sex was fostered. Only harped upon was the negative "NO MASTURBATION!! NO FORNICATION!! NO ADULTERY!! NO "BAD ASSOCIATION"!! NONONONONONONONONOOOOO!!"

Gee, no wonder I ended up messing around with a couple of "worldly" girls and getting my unbaptised ass booted from the hall. Hmm... could it be... Satan!?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Below: Danny a virgin at 29 (1989) I squandered my youth for a cult! My dear mother did try to 'fix' me happy,know this i was crippled with severe ulcerative onset age 13,victims of severe ulcerative colitis can't date.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    victims of severe ulcerative colitis can't date.

to elaborate,try dating when you have full blown dysentery for 28 years

---------------------------------------------------------

Today's news wire article Faith in love

Kansas City Star, MO - 4 hours ago
    ... are the same. Now years ago, when I tried to go out with a Jehovah’s Witness, it was a totally different story. Were your beliefs ... Q.Under what circumstances would you date someone of another faith? The Bible tells us not to be yoked together with nonbelievers, so if it’s someone that doesn’t have the same faith that you have — they don’t have to have the same denomination. I’m Baptist, but I would go out with a Methodist because the basic principles are the same. Now years ago, when I tried to go out with a Jehovah’s Witness, it was a totally different story. Q.Were your beliefs so different that you couldn’t make it work? He didn’t share the same spiritual holidays that I did, and his concept of who Christ is was totally different from mine. So often we would go from romance to these debates. That’s why it ended. He’s probably one of the most lovely people I’ve ever met, even to this day. I find the same sincerity in Muslim men or Nation of Islam men. But I know I can’t date them, because they’re not going to convert me and I can’t convert them because they’re strong in their convictions. Which is good. ----------- Watchtower Whistleblower: Danny Haszard Bangor Maine Jehovah's Witnesses are the'perfect storm' of deception-in a word they are the cult of Innuendo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit