Pictures from home...remembering why I don't miss it.

by wanderlustguy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

When I see signs of neglect in a yard or in housekeeping, I think depression or physical illness. Or even mental illness. Then again, some people work outside the home all the time and hardly spend time at home. The pictures just seem to have a depressive air to them.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

The place is depressive, mental illness, yea definitely, but the longer I am there the more I see the same illness. So may broken people. Had a cousin come over last night, last I hung out with her was about 14-15 years ago...almost brought me to tears to see her.

She said the magic phrase..."if this ole system of things lasts too much longer", I couldn't even look at her in the face.

Broken people...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    She said the magic phrase..."if this ole system of things lasts too much longer", I couldn't even look at her in the face.

Broken people...

Yes, JW's take the fight out of people. The hope of solving problems today is all but gone from them. The New System becomes like their drug. The WTBTS is an energy vampire. It sucks all of the vitality from its members. Maybe energy canibal would be more accurate. I know it drained my family and me. We have never been the same. We're much healthier emotionally and physically, but not like we were before they broke us.

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT

I don't know much about your life there, but to me, the pictures don't really look that bad... just life out in the country. But my "home" pictures are depressing for me too, so I understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit