All Elders Aren't Bad

by sammielee24 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Swalker:

Most elders fully appreciate the position they hold and accept the duties that go along with such. When they make these decisions that effect another person's entire life they have to accept the responsibility for their actions.

What responsibility? They hide being the organization's legal wing if threatened with any kind of action, and are protected by the organization's dogma to salve their consciences if there is any emotional conflict. They get off scot-free.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

sammielee24:

I'm not defending all Elders obviously, I guess I just wanted it known that for the most part Elders work very hard and they try to fulfill the expectations required of the position.

Therein lies the problem. Fulfilling certain aspects of the position requires the lack of either a conscience, a backbone, or both.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Jefro, how much backbone does posting on this forum entail?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

John Doe:

Jefro, how much backbone does posting on this forum entail?

Your point?

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Jeffro, I am just hoping that more and more elders join and read the information on this forum and/or others. In doing so, they may see threads like this that will get them to thinking about what they can do and their responsibility in doing it. We can only hope that in the future, more will make a stand for what is right and not just go along with the status quo. Whether they live up to their responsibility is yet to be seen. I applaud the ones that are taking steps to help, such as being pro-active in releasing info here, etc., it's a start....

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit