I think I just got the total experience

by La Capra 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Agnes
    Agnes

There are those of us that want a "good deal" enough to subject ourselves to what you experienced this morning (JW & non-JW), but it certainly isn't for everyone as you can attest. I remember years ago doing the after Thanksgiving sales at a large mall with a group of girlfriends...and that was fun, but it was nothing like the situation you described! There were crowds, but it wasn't a bit scary.

What you experienced had more to do with a lot of the clientele that Wal-mart can attract and the hype created by the retail industry (IMHO). That being said, I do occasionally shop there, but I purposely avoid the times that I know the store will be crowded.

Thanks for sharing your experience...my heart was pounding as I read it. Agnes

• Plummet
    Plummet

Great Horrorday Holiday Shopping Story. Although I didn't get to go out shopping this morning, I usually try to join all those people at 5 am. I don't usually look for anything in particular, I just try to browse around to see what I can find and do a little people watching. Its both pathetic and funny, but that scene that you described is very common here as well. I've seen a lot of pushing, shoving, yelling, tantrums, fist fights, people running over others with shopping carts and people grabbing stuff out of other's shopping cart when not looking. Maybe I'm pathetic, but I always get a kick out of watching people act like maniacs to save a couple dollars. It's especially funny when there is holiday music playing in the background.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Shoshanna

That's a helluva story. With a little work it would make a fine article for your local paper. I was quickly drawn into your experience, and felt utter disgust and horror at the greed and imbecility of my fellow Americans. It was a good reminder why I avoid crowds as much as possible. Otherwise sane and educated people become irrational, displaying herd behavior.

Ick.

Not 'ick' on your story, just 'ick' on the experience. Good story!

Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit