A Big THANK YOU

by Gretchen956 6 Replies latest social family

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Yesterday my brother got an envelope, mailed in Oklahoma, no return address, with two one-hundred dollar bills inside. He thought perhaps it was because I mentioned his fire here on this list and someone mailed him this anonymously. With it he was able to get a cell phone and time on it (go phone) and now we have a way to be in touch.

Whoever sent this, bless you! The chances that the person who sent it will see this thread are slim, I know, but for the record, Tim is extremely grateful and so am I. My brother would not have taken the money if offered to him, I saw him turn down offers many times while I was helping him clean up after the fire. But he could use this and I'm thankful he got it when he needed.

Sherry

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

WoW! That is so cool! See, if your brother was a Witness they'd say it was a miracle and evidence of the love among the brotherhood.

Your brother's not a Witness, so what is it?

I am so happy for you two.

AuldSoul

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

What is it? It certainly is a blessing. Thanks, Auld Soul.

Sherry

• Forscher
    Forscher

That is wonderful Sherry!

Forscher

• sweetsevda
    sweetsevda

wow that was something

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That's so sweet and so encouraging.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Sherry,

It doesn't surprise me in the least that your brother got that envelope. This is an amazing group of people here.

When Bubbamar lost her New Orleans home (and everything in it!) to Katrina, we had tons of people come out of the woodwork (specifically on this board) with help for her. We had so much stacked in my living room just from the Dallasites, that you could barely walk through. And that doesn't even count all the cash donations sent. Most of which were anonymous!!! Cash, supplies, clothing, home necessities to start over. It still blows me away to think about the generosity of this community. "They will know them by their love"? The WTS ain't got nothin' on this group!!!

Love,
    Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit