Who Else Besides JWs Use The Name "Jehovah"?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I told my mom that other groups use it too and she wants proof. I looked up on Google and a few other exjw sites about this and can't get anything. Can you help, please??

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Actually, min, christians in general 'use' the name Jehovah and so there are some 'golden oldie' hymns that use the name e.g. "Bless me O Thou Great Jehovah".

The thing is that christrians realise that the name Jehovah is a label; many other names were used for God in the Bible.

Interestingly, this is what the "Insight in the Scriptures" acknowledges, i.e. the label, and that "namne" can mean far more than that. It's seldom, if ever, discussed in WTS literature or in talks., but it's there.

Hope it goes well with mom.

Ozzie

• daystar
    daystar

You will find it in different forms. Try YHVH, IHVH, JHVH, YAHWEH, Tetragrammaton, IEHOVAH, Jehova. Many occult groups are very familiar with it.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

By way of a footnote to my post above:

Mom needs to be told that the dubs don't have a mortgage on the use of the word "Jehovah". They claim that they are the ones, since Ratherflawed, who've made the name known in the world but, of course, that's crap! The name was there all the time, but because it's not the one and only name for God, the Dubs misrepresent their position and so laud themselves as the protectors of the word Jehovah.

• blondie
    blondie

Using Infospace

Jehovah Church for business name

Greater

of God in Christ 253

of God in Christ 3516

- Pastor 506 Academy Street
    Okolona, MS 38860

Road

of God

Child Care and Learnng Center

Jehovah Lutheran Church-Mo Synod

St of the Living God

Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church (and 9 more)

(try all 50 states but keep towards the south)

• Mary
    Mary

I heard Jimmy Swaggart use it. I'm serious, he did!

• Honesty
  • avishai
    avishai

THe rastafarians use "Jah" all the time

• Ianone
    Ianone

Freemasons starting using JEHOVAH long before the dubs did. If your grandma wants a source, hand her a copy of "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry." Than tell her that JEHOVAH is the name for Lucifer, according to the Masons.

• biddie
    biddie

did you know that Jehovah is just a misrepresentation of the vowels that spell Adonai (lord) in Hebrew?
    Biddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit