Elders School Part 5: Here's how you've been screwing up...

by sir82 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Confession
    Confession
    3 months isolation thru disfellowshipping is plenty of time for someone to 'come to their senses' and seeing as this is exactly what df-ing is supposed to do then exactly what is the problem...and so what if others in the hall get the idea that they can do what they like serve their time and get reinstated....

Bing, bing, bing! Tijkmo, this really struck a chord with me. I used to think the same thing. Supposedly this is all about repentance. If a person is repentant he should be reinstated. The ks91 (elders' book) even said clearly that reinstatement should not have anything to do with the nature of the sin nor the time that has elapsed, but the repentance shown. That said, we know they do in fact send an elder body a serious letter anytime they reinstate someone in less than six months. What the heck is that?!

Is this about repentance and Jehovah's spirit guiding these men? Or is it about how things will look to the rest of the congregation? It amounts to politics.

• Confession
    Confession
    If only the meetings provided spiritual food like potatoes.... but I don't know anyone "normal" who is in the habit of swallowing $h!t like what is dispensed at the KH, day after freaking day.

Is it any wonder why I dig Scully?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit