anniversary of JFK assassination

by desbah 18 Replies latest jw friends

• desbah
    desbah

This is for all the ex-JW's on that dreadful day..... do you remember where you were when JFK was shot in Dallas, TX?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I was an egg located inside my mother's ovaries....yes I think that's where I must've been on that fateful day. My mother says that she was in the hospital on that very day, in the LA area, so I must've been in a hospital in LA on that day! Don't remember a thing tho.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I wasn't around when he was shot, but we went down to Elm Street the other day, and saw the old Book Depository, and saw the grassy Knoll, and the route that he took when he was shot. When I got home, I went online, and did research on the assassination, and found out that he was taken to Parkland Hosp. and then flown back to D.C. from Love Field airport, bith a hop, skip, and jump from where I am. I am surprized that there are so many theories about what happened, we will probably never know the truth.

• Leolaia
  • Mulan
    Mulan

I was sitting in my living room, holding my two-day old son. My mother had gone out to get our mail, and my upstairs neighbor told her what happened. We hadn't had the TV on yet that day. Quite a shock and we were reeling for weeks afterwards.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hey Leo - is that another subtle attempt to get yet another thread going on Freemasons?

• Carol
    Carol

2nd Floor of Tuckerton Elementary School, changing classes between Science and US History.....Eddie Grayson passed the 6 of us in the hall and told us the President had been shot. Fifteen minutes later we were called into the auditorium to watch the coverage on TV (we lived across the street, my father had brough a TV in for us to watch).

It also happens to be my brother's Birthday! He's 51 this year!

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

If you'd like a sample of what it felt like that day, follow this link

http://www.reelradio.com/se/index.html#klif112263

this links to a page with an archival recording from KLIF Dallas radio, Nov. 22, 1963. It's a reminder for those who lived through it, and educational for those who weren't.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Fox news just interviewed a co-author of a new book out which porports to have new evidence that JFK was disposed by three crime bosses. Motive, younger brother Bobby was making life unbearable for the crime syndicate. Apparently they tried to do him in in Chicago some months before but it was thwarted. John and Bobby knew about it but didn't go public.

I think the name of the book is "Ultimate Sacrafice".

carmel

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I was not quite four years old, and we were on our way to the assembly. I remember the radio was on, and my dad actually pulled the car over (this was before he was df'd).

At the assembly, I was frightened by the number of witnesses who thought Armageddon was coming any minute. I also remember that my dad and some of the other young brothers spent every break gathered around our car listening to the radio.

Jankyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit