Do you think that the Watchtower and Awake Mags are Idols?

by MsMcDucket 27 Replies latest jw friends

When I was a kid, we used to take boxes of Watchtower publications from dad's house up into the hills, and shoot various guns at them. No, they're not idols, but they'd probably make decent toilet paper.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    we used to take boxes of Watchtower publications from dad's house up into the hills, and shoot various guns at them

That's interesting. Was your dad a hardcore witness?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Good question... yes I think they are, not that I have read any lately. I burned all my jw literature a few years ago, I don't even have a bible now. I was going to put it in the trash, but then thought of how someone might find it, read it, and worst of all believe it. I didn't want to risk having that on my concience.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They are not Idols -

They are the Antitype of the camels in Genesis!!!

HB

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

JW's view each Watchtower study article like a personal letter from Jehovah.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No but the organization is.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

yeah I thought they were holy too till I got to bethel and saw "recycle" bins filled with them.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Wow I never thought of it in those terms before, what an excellent thread. I know lots of JWs that cant bear to dispose of their excess literature, and just as much can't bear to think that someone else might perceive them to be the type to dump it. I get the impression, however, that it is less idolatrous in terms of worshipping the literature, but more in seeing it as "important life saving" material and they place the same importance on it that you might on a first aid manual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit