OOps think i opened the floodgates (and I dont mean heaven)

by PoppyR 8 Replies latest jw friends

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

So... last night I had the dreaded conversation with my mother. She phoned and asked if she could 'help' me with the truth. I just could not pretend any more I was missing meetings cos I was depressed or any other reason, I just told her I was having doubts about the whole thing and did not see the point in leading a double life and 'limping along'. She brought out all the old lines. But for once I was clear and concise. She told me the dangers of apostate thinking that I needed to pray for help to see the truth. I said I did not need to pray to know the sky was blue, it was true. Nobody could convince me it was green! So if the truth is true.. no worries. I carefully stayed away from any obvious 'apostate' views about 607 etc, and just said the society constantly moving the goalposts on the time of the end had caused me to lose heart. She said I was blind if I could not see how the world was and how close we are.. and I said with respect, I think you've been telling me that since I was born, and although there is a lot of badness in the world, strangely there is also a lot of goodness!! Which JWs love to ignore. Then the old line that Satan was out to trap me and without the restraints of the truth I would be falling into serious sin.. ahem. So I said did she think that the only thing keeping me faithful to my husband for example was fear of dying or being disfellowshipped? Without those of course I have no morals and will just turn immediately into a hooker!! Aarrgggh. I feel a great deal better in some ways, but know I have now opened the door to all the family and elders that she will go to to 'help' me. I finished it (when she was crying) by saying if she really loved me then she would see how happy i was and I had never been happy while in the truth, and she grudgingly acknowledged it. Although I dont want to be disfellowshipped I feel a lot better for being 'out'.

Poppy x

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

I assume as soon as you hung up the phone from your mother you ran out and "worked your street corner"?

Being a JW standing on a street corner touting magazines from the Borg affliated with the great Harlot Babylon the Great / UN is so much different than standing on a street corner looking for a "good time".

LOL

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Obviously I did go straight onto the corner. it's second nature now! I also lit up a cigarette, invited all my new wordly friends round for an orgy and drew a pentagram on the floor....

poppy x

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

LOL, I'm liking you already.
    I am exactly the same age as you, similar situation. It is strange how at some point something just clicks and it is so obvious it is the UnTruth.
    I hope it works out. I could not help shooting off my mouth when the elders came for their shepherding calls and am now in the bad books. Some how I have evaded being d/f for 12 months so far, but the elders make it known they are never far away, even though I have not been to a meeting for 6 months (can't let me harm the flock).
    BTW I am also working the corners, but there is not much demand for skinny men around where I live.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

it is VERY hard not to say all the new things I've learned, but to do that.. makes it obvious to them that I am having more than just doubts! It's such a tightrope to walk, I hadn't actually intended being so open, but now I have, I'm glad. Just I have a brother that's an elder, another brother thats a ministerial servant and a pioneer, a sister thats a pioneer where the need is greater.. and I just know I am going to have to deal with them all one at a time. But I'd rather do it in an upfront way. And hopefully be clever enough not to be D/fed along the way. That is unless anyone SPOTS me on my corner, but I thought the long red curly wig might help.

Poppy x

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    So I said did she think that the only thing keeping me faithful to my husband for example was fear of dying or being disfellowshipped? Without those of course I have no morals and will just turn immediately into a hooker

that's what i love about JW reasoning... their incentives for NOT doing bad things is very warped. it's like they would LOVE to be a part of everything they preach against, except their faith in the slave keeps them from doing so. and that's why they consider every worldly person bad... because they don't have the same bullshit incentives as JW's.

bethel

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

I remember once when an elder told me "if I was worldly I'd be smoking, cussing, and fornicating every night". I looked at him in stunned disbelief. He was completely serious.

It's that persecution complex. They think that by being persecuted now it will pay off somehow.

Bizarre whack nuts.

• Es
    Es

Thats great, you must feel a whole lot of weight off your shoulders

es

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> Without those of course I have no morals and will just turn immediately into a hooker!!

Sorry it had to come to that, but also not sorry, since you feel it was a positive thing over all. It's very hard to lie to the people you love. I'm glad you can be free of that.

And of course, JW's feel that you're either a JW or a drug-addicted sex-fiend. LOL! The best answer to that is the next few years of your life as she sees that it doesn't happen.

Take care,

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit