Heavenly hope????? What do you believe?

by findingmyway 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Jeffro I understand what you are saying but how do you know this is all there is to it? How do explain born blind people having sight in their NDE's, there are things that science simply cannot explain, and I think only when we die will we be able to really know, but for now, knowing that these things are possible brings me happiness and comfort, what's so bad about that? In the end we will all get a chance to know what really happens.

IC

• Kaput
    Kaput
    In the end we will all get a chance to know what really happens.

IC --- In the end of what? Our lives? The world?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    that heaven is a mentally discontinuous concept because it doesn't exist. the hope for it is neither here nor there.

Ditto.

I won't know what happens till I get there. What goes on after death is out of my control no matter what I believe. So to me, hope for heaven, hell or anything in between means diddly-squat compared to the reality of it.

• marsh
    marsh

Hi,

I believe what the Bible teaches us.Romans 8 :12,Therefore ,brethren,we are debtors-not to the flesh,to live according to the flesh.13,For if you live according to the flesh you will die;but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live.14 .For as many as are led by the Spirit of God,these are sons of God 15.For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear,but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out,Abba Father,16.The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.17.and if children,then heirs-heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ,if indeed we suffer with Him,that we may also be glorified together.

28.And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God,to those who are the called according to His purpose.

37.yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

38.For I am persuaded that neither death nor life,nor angels nor principalities nor powers,nor things present nor things to come.39.nor height nor depth,nor any other created thing,shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ our Lord.

Ephesians 1-3 The Christians heavenly 'bank account'every spiritual blessing.

1:3 Blessed be the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ,who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

7.In Him we have redemption through His blood,the forgiveness of sins,according to the riches of His Grace.

10.That in the dispensation of the fullness of the times,He might gather together in one all things in Christ,both which are in Heaven and which are on earth-IN HIM.

2:8 For by GRACE you have been saved through faith,and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God.9 Not of works lest anyone should boast

I believe in the New Heavens and New earth just like Peter taught.

God cannot lie,

Peter wrote 9.But you are a chosen people, aroyal priesthood,a holy nation,a apeople belonging to God,that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.10.Once you were not a people,but now you are the people of God;once you had not received mercy,but now you have received mercy.

We do not have to wait to get to heaven to enjoy that promised privalege.We are now a royal priesthood,as the redeemed people of God.

Revelation 5&6 Zechariah 6.

Christ conquers the hearts of His people by His Gospel so that we become a royal priesthood and share His triumph.He conquers satan and all those who reject the Gospel by His judgments.He conquers death,first His own ressurection,and then the ressurection of all,for life or condemnation.He conquers all the troubles of this sinful world by establishing a New Heaven and New earth,the home of righgteousness.

Death is nothing to fear Christ has conquered IN CHRIST WE ARE SAFE .for all eternity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit