New JW Calendar

by stillajwexelder 22 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Just thought you would all be delighted to know, the new JW calendar for 2006 are out - quite good actually

• JH
    JH

So, the end is not for this year?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

apparently not - well at least they have not marked the date for Armageddon on it

• Purza
    Purza
    quite good actually

What do you mean by "quite good"? I can't imagine a JW calendar being "good"

PUrza

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

oh the calendars.... sigh... just another tool for the society to use as a guilt trip. We were encouraged to write up our hours on the calendar including placements etc. You could see very quickly how 'slack' you had been by one glance at your calendar...

On a side note.... we had a bro that loved the 'art' in the calendars. He painted onto a massive canvas a copy of one of the paradise images one year. It was pretty good....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Front cover - apostles - we must obey God as ruler rather than men

January February -illustration of Israelites rejoicing at the destruction of Pharoahs army and Chariots at the Red Sea

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT

My mother used to send me one of those every year. I think she finally gave up on it bringing me back to the borg.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

First time ever this year I did not order any calenders and instead bought ones that make me laugh. they have given me so much pleasure. Last year I defaced the JW one I had, because they had a picture in it of a brother I used to pioneer with who was the biggest hypocrite in the world, is now married and in Bethel, and the picture was about singleness...lol! So I drew a beard and moustache on it and was castigated by the brother who came to shepherd us and spotted it!! If he only saw what I did to the one upstairs!

Poppy x

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Totally useless thing without the holidays marked.

• blondie
    blondie

Just before I stopped getting them they used to be illustrations but then they switch to current day photos, ; did they go back to Bible illustrations, stilla?

I can remember when they were much bigger too. They put Magazine Day on every Saturday and also made Sunday a service day. I remember a sister who marked in the "worldy" holidays so she could keep things straight. She'd say "We're not in the new system yet and other people celebrate these days."

They used to put Magazine Day only on every 2nd and 4th Saturday.

w84 1/1 p. 27 In Unison Keep Crying Out Joyfully ***
    Branches as far apart as Kenya and Hong Kong have requested that second and fourth Saturday for magazine activity be omitted from the Society’s calendar, as this could result in halving the magazine distribution in their territories.

*** km 3/89 p. 4 Presenting the Good News—Featuring The Watchtower ***

While we normally stress the second and fourth Saturdays as magazine days each month, it would be good to stress all five Saturdays during April since we have these important magazines to present.

*** km 8/89 p. 7 Announcements ***

On receiving the 1990 calendar, you will observe that the expression "Share in field ministry" has been deleted on the first Sunday of the month and "Share in magazine service" has been deleted from the second and fourth Saturdays of the month. Why? Because it properly is the custom for publishers to share in the field ministry on every Saturday and Sunday that they possibly can. Indeed, many are setting a fine example by sharing in the ministry practically every Saturday and Sunday during the month.

*** km 5/00 p. 1 A Privilege Available to Younger Ones ***

Every Saturday is designated as "Magazine Day" on the 2000 Calendar of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Parents, we recommend that you take a renewed interest in this work, helping your children to share as regularly as possible in this privilege of service.

*** km 4/99 p. 7 Do You Have a Standing Order? ***

The same insert quoted above also said that we should "schedule a regular magazine day." Can you support the weekly Magazine Day? As shown on the 1999 Calendar of Jehovah’s Witnesses, this is every Saturday of the year! Do not underestimate the importance of distributing The Watchtower and Awake! When we make an effort to share fully in magazine activity, we are "bringing good news of something better" to our neighbors.—Isa. 52:7.

*** km 3/00 p. 3 Can We Make April 2000 Our Best Month Ever? ***

The date of the Memorial is highlighted on the month of April on the 2000 Calendar of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

km 2/97 p. 2 The Memorial—An Event of Great Importance! ***
    All are encouraged to follow the Bible-reading program that is scheduled for March 18-23, as noted on the 1997 Calendar of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit