What are JW's taught about friendships with worldlies?

by Worldly 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Worldly
    Worldly

Thank you again for the insight, all of you! Nellie, my apologies--obviously, I did misunderstand. I'm glad for you that your friends stuck with you! Interestingly, since I wrote yesterday, my JW friend (I still consider him my friend, even though he doesn't talk to me) e-mailed another mutual friend, who also hadn't heard from him for a long time. I think my JW friend is going through some hard times in his life right now. The mutual friend is going to try to meet with him, so maybe we will know more then. I will always care about him and wish him the best. As I said, thanks to all of you, I understand things better now. Cheers!

• ferret
    ferret

What is an unbeliever is it one who does'nt believe in Jesus or one who does not follow the borg?

• lucifer
    lucifer

Okay well when I was a witness and I was around 15 my parents called the elders on me because I had worldy boyfriends and my best friend was a "wordly" girl, they read me scriptures ( don't know which because I didn't even listen at the time) and basically sat there waiting for me to say I wouldn't hang out with them anymore...hahaha boy were they wrong, but they knew I didn't stop hanging out with them and I kept my boyfriend but I was not DF'ed so it's more kind of frowned upon (which in their little world means DON"T do it, but we can't DF you if you do)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Worldly - welcome to the forum -JWs are taught that friendships with worldlies is BAD and should be avoided but you cant be Dfd for it

• Worldly
    Worldly

My friend was clearly conflicted, but possibly on other levels than just the JW thing. He once told me that he always wanted to be my friend, but he no longer stays in touch with me. As I said, he hasn't explained why, so it could be pressure from the organization, or it could be something else. I don't know if I will ever know. Thanks again for all of the insights!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit