Any dave ramsey fans here?

by c5 9 Replies latest jw friends

• c5
    c5

Hey!

Long time since I have been here. Lots and lots of new posters.

Just wondering if there are any x-jw's who are doing the baby-steps!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

dave makes a lot of good cents

• caligirl
    caligirl

Yes, we are working on the baby steps. We are looking at being debt free within a year, and LOVING it!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Yes, I love listening to him on the radio when I am in Riverside CA. I can't get him in my area. I just bought his book at Costco. He looks like Mark Hardy the former LA Kings defenseman. He goes after debt like Mark played hockey, boy is he strict. If you listen to him you will get out of debt and be way ahead of the game.

• c5
    c5

Great to hear that you all listen to Dave as well. Do any of you belong to MTMMO? I just joined in June, even though I have been an avid listener since 2003. It is great to meet you all! And yes, Dave makes a lot of cents! I am currently on BS 3.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Yes, we are on the website too. But I have to find my password! We got the book at Costco too, I Quit. And as a member if his website, you can listen to the show on the web, which is what I do when I get the chance. .

• c5
    c5

Cali,

My handle on MTMMO is "c5c5" next time you log on! Maybe see you on there. I frequent "Money Talks" the most and the "The Water Cooler."

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Bump... i ran across dave ramsey recently. Despite my aversion to all things religious now that i am out of the JW cult, and even though ramsey is an Evangelical, i rather like his system. Wonder if the original posters stayed with dave ramsey system? And now he is streaming his radio show in HD video...

Snakes

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I wanted to bump this thread. Reason why is that, in the "truth" I was never shown how to handle money, ever. Just work enough to get by and put all the rest toward's the organization. But Dave Ramsey is a whole lot about how to actually get ahead of things as far as money is concerned.

I truly believe that if I would have know about the Dave Ramsey baby steps back when I first started to know about the JW's by now I would be nearly a millionaire. He really knows his stuff well. Here's a link to the baby steps video. And for all those out there that say, I don't have time or the money actually to invest, well, if you only invest $5 a month (yes, that's five dollars a month) from age 18 and then continued until age 68, you would have over $74,000 put away based on 10% earnings, even though you would have only put in $3,005.00 of your own money at $5/mo.

I know that Simon had put out a very nice post about how JW's and ex-JW should consider putting money away for retirement. Hey, y'all, we are the ones who are awake, right? Well, let us think clearly about our potential future. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU7HEIs3IWw

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m more interested if anybody can show a 78 years old man how to make a a couple of hundred thousand in the shortest time possible.

As you can see I`m not greedy I`m not asking how to make a million$$$$ just one or more 100000 `s$$$$$ for our, my wife of 56 year and my time thats left comfortably.

Ok we have left it a bit late but I put that down to our involvement with the JW`s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit