brain head f*cks post for geeks

by ballistic 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Maybe you need to be a geek to understand this... I don't know.

But... do you ever relate the way your brain works in computer terms? Like little programs running. Maybe the fact I read a book by the scientologists got me thinking this way.., about mental "engrams"

For example, in your daily life, do you find you are accessing your Internet Explorer 'favorites', things you like to do - and you do them by choice, but other times your behaviour seems controlled, because you are running 'plugins' you've inadvertantly downloaded.

These plugins are harder to control. If you change them, it is known as a life changing experience. That's the way java plugins work.

Most of us here did some serious re-arranging to the root-kit f*ck ups we were indoctrinated with, but plugins still exist eveywhere.

OK, geek moment over.

20 GOTO 10

• Legolas
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Agreed on all points, I especially like the inadvertantly downloaded stuff idea!

Interesting, too, is that the brain acts more like lots and lots of separate computers all networked, but doing their own thing. I see this when I misspell a word as I'm typing. The "catch mistakes and correct them" system kicks in and starts hitting backspace. But the "don't do extra work" routine chimes in and suggests we could just arrow over and not lose what was already typed. But before the "catch mistakes" system will respond to any other messages, he wants to get things tidied up. So fingers start hitting keys without checking to see if it's reasonable or not. The mess that gets created from the confusion is often mind-boggling.

Dave

• ballistic
    ballistic

woo hoo! Houston... we made contact. Maybe we are closer than most people understand to joining the collective conciousness in cyber world LOL.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I agree, too. Our reactions to certain stimulii, our buttons being pushed, the results are very consistent. The point of therapy, mind over matter, listening to inspirational self help tapes, doing scientology is to change those little brain routines. It's very tough to do. Regression hypnotherapy is supposed to take a person back to the primary cause of the reaction. Supposedly by relooking at it in more detail, one is supposed to be able to pull out the root of the unwanted behaviour. I agree also that our brains are made up of a bunch of module like parts.

S

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Ballistic

Good analogy.

behaviour seems controlled, because you are running 'plugins' you've inadvertently downloaded

Yes, and we have been downloading 'plugins' all our life from sources before and beyond the Watchtower. These 'plugins' are running constantly, eating up precious resources of our mind and preventing us from finding a moment to be ourselves, the conscious being, the soul, that should be in control.

I learned from Quantum Physics to that we cannot examine our world as a neutral "observer" without interacting with the physical reality we are studying. I have recently learned from a study of 'consciousness' that we SHOULD NOT allow ourselves to be only an observer of our mental processes. We should take charge of it. We can stop the 'plugins' from running, even delete them if we discover they were "inadvertently downloaded".

Only when we step aside by deep meditation do we realize they are running, like the noise of a dozen radios tuned to different stations blasting at the same time. You can step aside from your own thinking as an observer of your brain just as a computer technician can pull up the task manager window and see what is running. Then you can click on "end process" step by step and get control of you own brain, presently running wild as if by an aberrant operating system.

I have been doing this (meditation) for four months and the affects are phenomenal. But you first have to realize that you are controlled by 'plugins'. That point you have made, Ballistic.

Jst2laws

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

I've been fine since I switched to Firefox. :D

• John Doe
    John Doe

So, what are hate, anger, and depression? Back-door trojans? :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit