Do you feel as if your relationship with God was ruined by the JW's?

by JH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Before being a JW' I felt as if I was at peace with God, and now through the JW brainwash, I feel as if I'm at odds with God...

Does anybody else feel this way?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

It was quite enhanced by leaving.

• gumby
    gumby
    and now through the JW brainwash, I feel as if I'm at odds with God...

I have a question for you JH.

Was it the JW brainwash that gives you your current feelings about god.....or was it the things you learned about god you didn't learn through JW teaching and after you exited them?

Gumby

• JH
    JH

Yes Gumby, the first part.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Perhaps you need to define for yourself now what god is to you. Thats what helped me.

• JH
    JH

Well, before being a JW, I had a good relationship with God, while being a JW, also had a good relationship with God, although not as good because I didn't give as much as expected to the JW org, then after leaving I felt as if my relationship with God was tarnished for ever, and that thanks to the JW teachings and guilt they put upon us.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm gonna wash that crap right outa my mind,

And send it on its way.

(Apologies to Rodgers and Hammerstein)

• JH
    JH

If a person doesn't believe anymore in JW teachings, then he shouldn't feel at odds with God.

It's the Watchtower that wants us to feel that way after we leave.

So, if I feel at odds with God now that I'm out of the Org. it must be that I fell in the Watchtower's guilt trap....

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    then he shouldn't feel at odds with God.

Not really rat, there can be a lot of reasons for feelings of any type.

I think blndies comment was spot on though if that is the reason for your feelings.

• gumby
    gumby

Jh,

Are you saying that even though you know the JW' are not the way, something continues to make you believe they are? You still feel your not pleasing "Jehovah"? Why cannot you go back to the god before him you once had?

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit