Can you help me with some one who is not baptised as JW yet? The story:

by Curious Christian 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Confession
    Confession

I posted this several months ago. A number of people told me it was helpful after using it with friends and family. Just go to... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/91856/1548002/post.ashx#1548002

Best Wishes

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Some safe, simple questions for your friend. Don't try to go much beyond this without reading one of the above mentioned cult books.

"How sure are you that the JW are chosen by God?"

"Have you looked into other groups such as the Mormons, The Way International, Iglesia Ni Cristo, Restored Church of God, Boston Church of Christ, or even the Bible Students" (The Bible Studentsleftovers from the rift between the JW and Bible Students after Russels death)

"Isn't it tough to know which group is really chosen by God, when there are so many that claim to be? They all claim they are the only ones following what the Bible says?"

"If the JW were not the right religion, what would you do? Would you want to know?"

"If you don't join right away, what will happen?"

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

The part about the 11 year old really gets me. We get one of these posts about once a week. There is always some poor little sob who is relying on his parents to make good choices for him, and he is just getting his whole life robbed from him.

So depressing!

Just a guess, I have a feeling your friend is seeking security in the org because her husband isn't very attentive. Just a thought.

This whole game is alot of trying to figure out why they are REALLY joining. Hopefully once you figure it out, you can try to alleviate that need through some alternative method that doesn't involve joining a friggin mind control cult.

CYP

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here are some sample questions from the book, "Organized to do Jehovah's Will", (c) WTBTS 2005 pages 183-215. Some of the questions I've posted to show how extensive commitment required of the baptismal candidate. The expected beliefs on God, Marriage, Health and Hygiene are all laid out. Some of the questions are just plain wacky.

You may want to ask your friend what their perspective is on some of these issues, does she really believe all of this? Is this what she is committing herself to?

Part 1, Q 20 Who is Satan the Devil? Where did he and his demons come from?

Part 2, Q 2 What is the only Scriptural basis for divorce that frees one to remarry?

Part 2, Q 7 How does Jehovah view (a) the unlawful shedding of human blood? (b) abortion? (c) suicide?

Part 2, Q 8 What responsibility rests upon a person who is infected with a communicable disease that is potentially fatal?

Part 2 Q 9 To avoid transmitting an infectious or a potentially fatal disease to others, why should an infected person (a) not initiate public displays of affection such as hugging and kissing? (b) attend the Congregation Book Study at the Kingdom Hall if at all possible? (c) not react negatively when some choose not to invite them in to their homes? (d) Why should a person who may have been exposed to an infectious disease voluntarily choose to have a blood test before beginning a courtship? (e) Why should one having a communicable disease inform the presiding overseer before getting baptized?

Part 2 Q 13 How should Christians view the shortcomings of fellow believers?

Part 2 Q 20 Why should Christians abstain from all nonmedical use of addictive or mind-altering natural or synthetic substances?

Part 2 Q 29 What is the Christian's position as to the world alienated from God?
    (Answer: They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world. - John 17:16.
    Do you not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God. - Jas. 4:4.)

Part 2 Q 31 When a person separates himself from the world and becomes a Christian, what treatment should he expect from those in the world?
    (Quotes John 15:19, 20; 2 Tim. 3:12; 1 Pet. 4:4)

Part 2 Q 34 Would it be proper for true Christians to share in worship with other religious groups?
    (Quotes Rev. 18:4, 5; Matt. 7:13, 14, 21-23; 1 Cor. 10:30; 2 Cor. 6:14-18)

Part 2 Q 36 How can you determine whether you should observe or participate in celebrations that are popular in your community?
    (Quotes John 17:16; 1 Cor. 10:21; Ps. 106:35; 1 Pet. 4:3)

Part 3 Q 3 Is the wife whose husband is not a believer freed from his headship?
    (Quotes 1 Pet. 3:1, 2)

Part 3: Q 13 What is the Governing Body of the Christian congregation?
    (Quotes Acts 15:1, 2)

Part 3: Q 15 How do members of the congregation demonstrate submission to the headship of Christ in the congregation?
    (Quotes Heb. 13:7; Heb: 13:17)

Part 3: Q 25 What should be our attitude toward giving of ourselves and of our material possessions in Jehovah's service?
    (Quotes 1 Chron. 29:14; 2 Cor. 9:7)

Part 3: Q 26 What attitude should we have when we are persecuted or undergoing trial?
    (Quotes Matt. 5:10-12; Jas. 1:2, 3; Acts 5:41)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit