Does Anyone Know Where to Get Scanned Awake's?

by indireneed 11 Replies latest jw friends

• indireneed
    indireneed

I am looking for the October 18th, 1968 Awake magazine scanned and downloadable. Does anyone know where I could find something like this?

Somehow, they seem to have left it off their CD.

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

I don't know if this site has the particular article you are looking for, but Shaun's site, at http://www.jwfiles.com/ has several scanned items on it.

Somehow, they seem to have left it off their CD.

Imagine that.

Good luck,
    Michelle

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I just happened to have it, too, just I don't have a scanner. Actually my parents have it, but I can get it.

Anyhow, the article blew my mind. I used it when I talked to my parents, although they are still blind.

Anybody wanna buy me a scanner? :)

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Actually, maybe I can take a picture of it with my Webcam? Doesthat make any sense?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Well, well, well! It was at this point that I discovered that the CDROM only goes back to 1970 with Awake! Coincidence?

• Hank
    Hank

: I am looking for the October 18th, 1968 Awake magazine scanned and downloadable. Does anyone know where I could find something like this?

You can find exactly the same information in a 1969 Awake, or a 1970 Awake, or a 1971 Awake, or a 1972 Awake, or a 1973 Awake, or...

Henry

• blondie
    blondie

You mean October...8...right? What article is it or what page number...I don't have a scanner though, just curious?

• individuals wife
    individuals wife
    Anyhow, the article blew my mind. I used it when I talked to my parents, although they are still blind.

Sounds a good one, just out of interest - what was it about?

• indireneed
    indireneed

Basically, the article is an attack on 'false prophets'. See below:

"True, there have been those in times past who predicted an “end of the world”, even announcing a specific date. Some have gathered groups of people with them and fled to the hills or withdrawn into their houses waiting for the end. Yet, nothing happened. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying."
    Awake 10/8/68 page 23

• outnfree
    outnfree

Dear indireneed,

(Welcome, by the way).

If you go to the WT Study articles forum and ask Hippikon nicely, he may be able to scan it for you. If he has it. He does the current WT articles regularly so the ones who can't get a subscription can see what's going on.

I checked my bound volumes, and I don't have it, or I'd type whichever article it is out for you.

Sorry I can't be of personal help.

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit