W.T January 1, 2006

by Diogenes 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dune
    Dune

Thats one of a couple of reasons i dont want to just up and leave the congo right now. I feel that if i leave, it will give the elders in my hall leverage against all those that are in college or planning to attend.

Sure i'll be leaving soon afterwards, but then they cant say that it was because i was in college.

I've always hated it when they use the term "higher Education", by doing this, they make it seem that the people who are taking part in this are all arrogant and haughty. Or as if they are making a mockery of it.

Anyway, what i WILL say about college is that it does make you think. I makes you realize the social barriers instituted mainly by religion that have kept women and minorities down. It also helps you take a more critical view of the things that you believe. One of the most important things that i learned in college is that everything you believe in isnt neccasarily right but just a result of the way you grew up.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I have to say, it wasn't my going to college that 'turned' me agains the WTS. It was the actions and the attitudes of most in my home congregation. The congregation and elders of the KH I attended while at school never looked down on me and were always nice to me. However, when I would come home and go to the meetings or out in service, I was barely better than a disfellowshipped person. It was clear to me that I had been 'marked' by the elders (and/or their wives).

Between my freshman and sophomore years, I dropped out and returned to my home congregation. I did this for a few reason, my family's financial situation being one of them. My parents did not pay for my tuition, or anything else school-related. But, due to an illness, they were having troubles paying all the bills. I moved home to help provide more income. The way that the majority of the congregation treated me during this time, even though I was helping out my mom and dad, was truely unchristian. I didn't mind that they would not invite me to 'get togethers,' but to give invitations to others right in front of me at the KH was a bit rude and tacky. I didn't mind that I was 'marked,' but to include my parents in that because of my actions (that I totally took upon myself) was the last straw. I stayed in as long as I could just because of my parents.

Once my family's finances were back in order (which by the way the JWs NEVER even offered ANY kind of assistance), I went back to college. I moved out of my parents home and rented a small duplex in the town the school was in. Except for a couple of Memorials, I've never been back to a meeting since.

Let me repeat... It was not what I learned AT COLLEGE that made me leave the JWs. It was what I learned (and how I was treated) WHEN I RETURNED TO THE JWs FROM COLLEGE that was the beginning of the end for me. It was about 7 or 8 years after my leaving that I found this site (Thank you again, Simon.) and found out all the crap the WTS has been doing over the years (the UN scandal, the Mexico/Malawi fiasco, the blood issue, etc.) to the R&F.

CountryGuy, of the "Now that he looks back on it, is glad they 'Marked' him or he would probably still be trapped on the inside" Class

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    Just reading through the January 1st W.T 2006

The first study article (starting on page 20) "How Firm Is Your Trust In God?" has another dig at higher education.

Oh that's just great! Another one to miss. Let me see now ... ... Jan 1 ... we'll be studying it sometime in Feb ... so ... where's my calendar?

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

A Balanced Viewpoint

But, it may be objected, not everyone who goes to university loses his Christian faith or dies of a drug overdose. This is true. Some graduates have become valued and hardworking members of the Christian congregation. But consider, it is also true that not every child who plays on a busy street will get killed by a passing automobile. Some survive to grow up. But would you let your children play in the street in traffic because of that?

Does this mean that it is wrong to attend a university? This is something each parent should decide for his own child. However, in doing so, he should consider the above facts. It may be that the student can stay at home and attend college. Or perhaps he can stay with relatives who will keep a close watch on his associates and strongly encourage him to keep active in his Christian responsibilities. But considering all circumstances, will it be worth the time and effort? Will it equip him the better to serve his God?

Many parents feel that the potential benefits of a university education are not worth the possible horrendous costs, especially where the children would have to go unsupervised to another city or country. Instead, they direct their children toward some trade. For example, while in secondary school, are there courses in various trades that could help a youth to learn a skill that would enable him to make a living after he graduates? In some lands there are specialized trade schools of about a year’s duration where skills can be learned, or those begun in secondary school can be more highly developed."

The above was from the article :Education-What it costs,What it offers : July15,1982 WT

Ahhhhh now I see the logic!!

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

The best is, to leave your brain before baptizing.

Never try to think, they in the ivory towers think for you.

Never criticize as they want to sleep on.

We live in an aera, where competiton reaches every link in the world as the market grows global.

That demands competitive actings.

The Leader witnesses should ask themselves, who pays for their existence. Still it is the generation that has property, income and pension.

the new coming ones must earn this all - by studying and qualifying to be competitive.

You can be a materialist also as beggar, it is not the question of having but the question of desire.

I reject this donkey's shit what they teach in education. The ivory tower should not forget htat the dead fish first starts stinking by its head.

The WT is gonna dying - their bedfellowship with the UN they may subdue but they cant make it not happend. And so like Manasseh once sacrificed his children to the firegod, the WTS sacrificed their believers to the satanic creation.

Manasseh's acting led to destruction and slavery. Those important wordtwisters in the ivory tower can read already their mene tekel.

Shaping the past does not form the future, hiding facts leads to doubts by the people. the internet is a presnet revelation of their hidden sins.

shame on you blind leaders you are and stop hitting the brotherhood. do repent in sack and ashes and not in great words that hit the road away from the spiritual quickie.

kind regards from Tilewater

• sf
    sf

{{{ BRAVO !!! }}}

The best is, to leave your brain before baptizing.

Never try to think, they in the ivory towers think for you.

Never criticize as they want to sleep on.

We live in an aera, where competiton reaches every link in the world as the market grows global.

That demands competitive actings.

The Leader witnesses should ask themselves, who pays for their existence. Still it is the generation that has property, income and pension.

the new coming ones must earn this all - by studying and qualifying to be competitive.

You can be a materialist also as beggar, it is not the question of having but the question of desire.

I reject this donkey's shit what they teach in education. The ivory tower should not forget htat the dead fish first starts stinking by its head.

The WT is gonna dying - their bedfellowship with the UN they may subdue but they cant make it not happend. And so like Manasseh once sacrificed his children to the firegod, the WTS sacrificed their believers to the satanic creation.

Manasseh's acting led to destruction and slavery. Those important wordtwisters in the ivory tower can read already their mene tekel.

Shaping the past does not form the future, hiding facts leads to doubts by the people. the internet is a presnet revelation of their hidden sins.

shame on you blind leaders you are and stop hitting the brotherhood. do repent in sack and ashes and not in great words that hit the road away from the spiritual quickie.

kind regards from Tilewater

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit