I have got a..........................

by defd 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH
    Do YOU?

I used to when I was an active JW, but never felt a prayer was neccessary before a meal.

I rathered real long prayers for something worth praying for, not food.

If I have to pray before eating, I,ll pray on the toilet too.

• Cellist
    Cellist

I hope you enjoy your meal. It sounds good. Possibly even worth saying a prayer of thanksgiving for.

Cellist

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

oh trust me it is good... pricey and only for special occasions but yummo!

Meanwhile I've been eating all these pupusas, tomales, and similar type food lately because my b/f is from Central America. I even learnt how to make pupusas on the weekend. YUMMO.

• defd
    defd

misspeaches what is pupusas?

D.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Well, defd, I hope you enjoy your crabs more than I enjoyed mine. You almost sound like you are looking forward to getting them.

I hope you have had a pleasant day, and I am looking forward to your new Dell. I was very happy to see that.

AuldSoul

• anewme
    anewme

Hmmm??? Are you celebrating something dear defd? Please, tell us so we can celebrate with you!

• defd
    defd

No. Just indulging in one of my favorite dishes.

D.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Do you have a fresh seafood market in your town, defd?

There used to be a seafood shop on Alcoa Highway near the airport that sold Louisiana seafood and bayou marine products like crayfish, etc. but it either moved or closed down so I don't get any fresh seafood here any longer.

• defd
    defd

No, but I wish. I have to go to Nashville to an outragouesly price restaurant. Thats ok though. A nice night out twice a month is good for ya.

D.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Pupusas (I don't know if that's the correct spelling....)

They are from El Salvador. You get maize flour and mix it with water to make a sticky dough. Then make a cheese mixture. Feta, Tasty & Mozerrella with a teensy bit of milk. Process it all. Then get some refried beans.

Get your dough mixture and form it into little balls about 2.5 Inches in diameter. Get the palm/ball of your hand and indent to make it like a little bowl. add a bit of refied beans and then some of the cheese mixture put it in the dough bowl. Fold the dough up until it resembles a ball shape again and then roll it evenly into a ball. Then start patting it between the palms of your hand until it is a disc shape about 5 inches in diameter and half an inch thick. Cook them on a hot griddle. When it has browned to a golden colour on one side flip and do it for the other side. Serve it hot with a salsa sauce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit