Another gun thread.

by Low-Key Lysmith 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Let me begin by saying that while your opinion is respected, I did not intend this thread to be a gun control debate. I simply want to know who owns and enjoys shooting guns on this board.

With that out of the way, I have:

• A Springfield Armory 1911 .45 ACP in two-tone stainless with all the trimmings.
    • A Romanian AK-47 (SAR-1) with all-black polymer stocks, 5 30-round magazines, a Picatinney rail with a holographic sighting system. (This one's a real hot rod).
    • A Mossberg 590 12 ga. with a pistol grip, top folding stock, heat shroud, Maglight on the forestock, and a side saddle.
    • A Remington 710 chambered for .300 Win Mag with a nice bipod and a nine round cartridge holder on the side of the buttstock.
    • A Henry lever-action .22 magnum.
    • A Ruger Vaquero single-action revolver chambered in .44 Mag with a high-gloss stainless finish and imitation ivory grips.
    • A replica Remington model 1858 black powder revolver also in high-gloss stainless. (really fun to shoot).
    • A Remington Competition Master 12 ga autoloader for shooting sporting clays.

ALL of these are locked securely away in my gun safe with the exception of the Mossberg 590 shotgun which I keep by the bed loaded with 2 rounds of RUBBER 00 buckshot. Behind those two non-lethal rounds are the real McCoy just in case an intruder wants to still tangle with me with badly bruised ribs. I don't ever want to hurt anyone, but will protect myself and my family without hesitation if it ever comes to it. I don't particularly like to hunt.(I'm much more a fisherman than a hunter.) But I love to go out and blow off a few rounds in the woods. Surely I can't be the only gun person on this board, I would like to know what's in your collection.

-Breck

• TD
    TD

I would be one of the ones who "owns and enjoys shooting guns"

Creating and shooting "Wildcat" cartridges has been a hobby for many years.

8mm-06 and .357 Herrett are two of my favorites.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

hi...I shoot too

Rem 11-87

Rem 870 english stock

Win 12 (1918)

A couple of Win 1897's

A couple of Mossberg 500's

a bunch of Win 1894 pre '64's including a SRC and Sporting rifle

Savage 1899 (octagon)

Cimeron Colt clone SAA

Colt New Frontier .22 8"

Colt 1911

Colt Clone 1911 Auto Ordinance

bunch of others ...all locked up in several locations.......... Safes are great

~Hill

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Nice collection Hillbilly!

Do you participate in Cowboy Action Shooting? This is something I would like to try but don't know of any organizations in my area.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

now you know i have a list.. but no time.

Ill stick it up here when i get a moment.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

hahaha.. once upon a time a couple of those '94's lived in saddle scabbards..... I am looking for another Colt clone for a CA gun now... The '97's are ready and The Marlin 94 is a go.... (I forgot the Marlin Lever collection)

~Hill (Cowboy up class)

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Aren't you pretty much required for CA shooting to own a lever gun chambered for the same caliber as your s.a. pistol(s), and a scattergun that is either side by side or old school lever action? Alas, I have neither of those.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've got a mossberg 12 guage with a short barrel for protection. If I decide to go hunting I've got the long barrel for it. I'm looking for a good handgun, but I need to get a job first.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

same calibers makes it easier .... Most CA groups require the centerfires to be bigger than .30 and the shotguns have to have exposed hammers 20 Guage or bigger,,, the guns have to be pre- 1899 for patents.

My SAA and Marlin Lever are .357 Mag... I load lead bullets at .38 special velocity... all the guns group ok. CA targets are big and close..it's a speed game.

I shot a little Police Practical a few years back.... major calibers... service type pistols... fun !

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Lowkey..got to the SASS website... i bet you will find some local chapters.

CA shooters are good folks... drop in and ask questions..

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit