Starting to write my Witness Story... anyone want to read Chapter one?

by AK - Jeff 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Great story!

I can't wait to read more!

• alw
    alw

It was a very insightful read and really made me sad - as a parent of 3 we put our kids through all the anguish you express. Oh to live my life again ............. thankfully we are all doing that now!!!! You write exceptionally well and look forward to more. alw

• Frog
    Frog

Hey there Jeff, it's like you're writing all our stories:) For those of us who can fully relate to your experience it makes for a most nostalgic read, and I'm sure those who known little of the jw's would also find it intensley amusing. You write extremely well for a first well, very candidly. I find it always helps to spark things up when you learn to look back and laugh a little at the oddities of growing up as as jw, so don't hold back on adding a little of that in there:)

Thanks for sharing it with us. frog x

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Your school experiences bring back many memories for me and I remember going through the motions all too well.

Trying to be accepted by your peers and your parents at the same time can be a bit of a brain rattler.

And those other 'soon to be dead' kids are having such a great time with their families and friends at Xmas and scouts etc. All temptation from the debil of course.

I'm looking forward to part 2. Don't stop now.

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

When Kennedy was shot we were on an island where the 'need was great' to warn the locals of the approaching Armageddon. I was at school when we heard the news. I knew all my mates were soon to be killed. I said nothing and I was shitting myself. I hadn't been all that good lately and I didn't 'love Jehovah'. Never had. I was going to die with them unless having JW parents was enough to redeem me.

After all, they were going to die because their parents weren't JW, so why shouldn't I live because my parents were?

But I was a naughty boy, so would that be my downfall?

I went back there this year. My old classroom had been wrecked by a hurricane. Chairs, books, paper, broken glass was strewn everywhere. The roof was gone. It felt good. I had hated school and took any excuse to miss a day and it was great to see it smashed to peices.

Later, looking at the photos I had taken, I realised that it was not the school, or the teachers, or the kids that were at fault. the kids were great, the teachers were the best I ever had. The problems had all been in my head.

I cried....

...for the lost innocence of my childhood.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I really liked that. It sure hit home. Especially the part about the hallway or principal's office during holiday stuff.

I look forward to future chapters.

• magoo
    magoo

.............ah yes....the good ol' days......."learning " how to be a good J.W. kid after spending 8 years as a "worldly" kid. Your story brought back many memories of my childhood. In 1958 my Mother sold her beautiful piano in order to attend the International Assemby in New York, it was ALL downhill from there.

Enjoyed 1st chapter.....keep them coming!

magoo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit