Jehovah told man to kill, court hears!

by Atlantis 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

http://www.dailypost.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3660186&thesection=localnews&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection= Local News

Email story Print story

Jehovah told man to kill, court hears

By ABIGAIL CASPARI in Rotorua

The day after attacking his former landlady with a tyre lever, an Opotiki man admitted what he had done and asked for forgiveness from his victim and Jehovah, the High Court at Rotorua was told yesterday.

Ronald Kevin Williams, 56, is on trial after pleading not guilty to attempting to murder Susan Green at her Kuturere home on July 4. He has also pleaded not guilty to an alternative charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

Tauranga Crown Solicitor Greg Hollister-Jones told the court in his opening address that Williams rented a flat from Mrs Green, adjacent to her house, and had lived there since April last year.

Problems developed when Williams wanted a relationship with her but she did not reciprocate. She gave him notice to leave in February but he would not go and in June was served with a trespass notice.

On July 4, Mrs Green was cleaning the flat when she heard someone reverse a car at speed up her driveway.

Williams got out of the car and when she tried to question why he was there, he said he had permission.

Mrs Green was frightened and went inside the flat. As she went to pick up a bucket, Williams struck her from behind several times with a tyre lever.

She fell to the floor, where Williams hit her again.

He sat on top of her, hitting her twice on the face with the tyre lever and holding it against her throat saying: "Jehovah has told me to kill you".
    Williams repeatedly punched her saying "die you bitch", before slamming her head several times against the concrete floor.

Mrs Green felt as if she was choking in her blood and thought she was going to die.

She began agreeing with everything he said in the hope he would stop attacking her, which he did.

Mrs Green said she needed to see a doctor and the pair agreed to tell the hospital a story about what happened.

During some confusion over Williams finding his keys, Mrs Green managed to escape, waving down a passing vehicle driven by her neighbours. They took her to Opotiki Hospital. She was later transferred to Whakatane Hospital.

She suffered bruising and cuts to her head, face and neck and was in hospital nine days.
    About five hours after the attack, police went to Mrs Green's house and found Williams sitting on a couch "staring into space".

There were signs Williams had tried to clean up any evidence of the attack. Forensic evidence showed there was "extremely strong scientific support" that blood found on various items and in parts of the house was Mrs Green's.

Williams initially told police that when he turned up at the house Mrs Green already had the injuries and was totally irrational.
    He denied hitting or trying to choke her.

However, the next day he told police he was deeply remorseful for what he had done and asked for forgiveness from "Jehovah and Sue".
    Justice Paul Heath is presiding over the trial, which is expected to run into next week.

• forsharry
    forsharry

Jehovah told him to kill her? Well aquit, I tell you, for it must be true!

This man is psychotic...I'm wondering what type of mental testing he'll get while in custody.

• carla
    carla

oh well, he's remorseful. All's well then. By jw standards that would be good enough wouldn't it? no punishment needed just be remorseful.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

there were times when this would have been written down and later added to the bible...

• Mary
    Mary

Were there two eye witnesses to his beating her half to death? No? Well shhheeeett, the judge has no choice but to just let it go an let Jehovah take care of it right?

What a frigging nutball. This guy should have the holy hell beat out of him to see how he likes it.......then lock him up and throw the key away. Dumb jerkoff.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Yes, but look on the bright side. Africa's where the growth is!

• Carol
    Carol

I don't see any mention that he was a JW. There are a lot of people on this earth that refer to Jehovah and they aren't necessarily JW's. So don't get mad at Jehovah, God, Allah or whatever you wish to call him. The man is evidently mentally ill.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Gee a mentally ill man that nobody in the congregation bothered to deal with or help, and a woman that nobody listened to, who'd have thought?

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

good call sass... oh wait i hear a voice... "dont listne to them, Jehovah speaks... kill your landlord....and then donate all your money to the gb... i mean world wide work..." fuckin jerk offs... its a religion built to accomodate nuts and weirdoes...

the infamous one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit