Disaster Relief (well, I get round to that eventually, see the bottom)

by Abaddon 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Hello boys and girls, how's it hanging?

I have been drowned in a world of work since some point in October and have been gadding around Europe on business - Netherlands-UK-Netherlands-Romania-Netherlands-France-and back home to Holland again. What started off as me being too busy to read and post became simply not being bothered enough to read or post - not that you're not all wonderful people (albeit some in very a window-lickingly special way), and of course "Da Bord" serves a great role in helping dubbies decompress from cultville as well as giving a nice forum for argumentative gits. But I needed a break;

Standard thread;

Person 1; "It is brown."

Person 2; "Ha! And what qualifications have you got to say that? 9 out of 10 scientists agree it is taupe."

Person 1; "But the inspiral carpet of gee-hober says it is brown, therefore it is brown."

Person 3; Can't we all get along?

Person 2; "Brain dead fundy!"

Person 1; "Godless scientists!"

Person 4; "I am god."

Person 5; "No, I am god."

Person 2; "You're both fecking NUTS."

Person 6; "One day I hope to be a god."

Person 1; "Blasphemy!"

Person 2 "Insanity!"

Person 3; "Would anyone like a nice recepie for cookies?"

Person 7; "You are all decieved, JW's are wrong!"

EVERYONE; "RTFM retard, if you'd read ONE tiny SINGLE thread before beating off over us you'd have realised THAT'S WHY WE ARE HERE."

Person 7; "Waaah, I'm being opressed."

Person 3; "Awww, you poor dear, can I send you cookies?"

Person 2; "Hey, your stupidity or hastiness sparked the reaction, take some personal responsibility."

Person 1; "As you have correctly identified JW as false may I interest you in THE TRUTH as shines out of my fundyment?"

Person 8; "NIPPLES! ORGASM!! VAGINA!!!"

Person 4; "See, I TOLD you I was god."

Person 9; No dear, you can't be, I spoke with the Lord Gawd of Leggies whilst shelling peas the other day and he clearly wasn't a fecked up drag-queen living in a dumpster. Gawd would never be anything as silly as that, instead he chooses me a a divine cAnal of communication".

Person 8; "Hehehehehe, someone saud 'anal."

Person 1; "Thus we see it is brown."

Person 9; "What's with the WE? It is clearly beige."

Person 2; "TAUPE!"

Person 8 "Bollocks!"

Person 3; "Everyone is entitled to their opinion but we need to learn to get along."

Person 1: "It is brown because I say it is brown; I can't PROVE this. I know others believe differently and have equal belief in the colour they see as I have, but I am simply righterer and enough of a dullard to think repeating myself endlessly will eventually win me the argument when all other parties to it die of terminal boredom

Person 9; "Of course, looking at the alternate manuscripts we can see it might have been fawn, but whatever colour it was it wasn't brown.

Person 2; "That would be on account of it being taupe, as shown by <insert 1,500 words where 250 would do>."

Person 1; "Ah, but this link proves you wrong <URL>."

Person 9; "Errrr... nice you think so, but <insert disertation>."

Person 1; "I still say it is brown."

Person 8; "What are people's feeling about nipple hair?"

etc.

Anyhow, satire aside, down to disaster relief. A (well-placed) little bird tells me that some of the JW's hit by Katrina were "so traumatised" by their expreience they haven't appeared at meetings anywhere since. And this isn't dead peole, these are Dubbies gone AWOL.

Talk about reaping the whirlwind. At a time where people have needed help to rebuild their lives, they go out of their way to avod contact with JW's, even though they once counted themselves as one. The discontent in congregations must be pretty bad if people use a natural disaster to do a fade from the Borg.

• blondie
    blondie
    A (well-placed) little bird tells me that some of the JW's hit by Katrina were "so traumatised" by their expreience they haven't appeared at meetings anywhere since. And this isn't dead peole, these are Dubbies gone AWOL.

Talk about reaping the whirlwind. At a time where people have needed help to rebuild their lives, they go out of their way to avod contact with JW's, even though they once counted themselves as one. The discontent in congregations must be pretty bad if people use a natural disaster to do a fade from the Borg.

So I take it they haven't contacted any family either, JW or non-JW? JW family tend to talk some with non-JW family. New location, new job, no family they want to stay in contact with, possible. It is hard to drop out completely unless you move far away from your stomping grounds. We're recognizable to people in a 100 mile radius. We'd have to move out of state, across the country to achieve that kind of anonymity. Not tell our non-JW friends and relatives, keep our names off of Infospace and similar search engines.

Good for them.

Blondie

• slimsolo
    slimsolo

all i just want is a friend who is a witness to meet me at [email protected]

• Undecided
    Undecided

Abaddon, that was the best description of how this board works. You sure nailed it.

Ken P.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome back, Abaddon, we missed you! Loved your satire!

Sherry

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOLOL. I'm poster three. Anybody want cookies?

• under74
    under74

HAHA- Abaddon, that's hilarious and so true...and I think I'm one of the guilty parties when it comes to certain threads.

I don't doubt at all there's fallout. My thinking is that the JWs hit hard and not helped by the WTS are feeling the same thing non-JWs that were hit hard and not gwtting help from the US government. All leads to fallout whether it be the WTS or the Bush Administration.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit