really

by John Doe 8 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    [23:23] So friends, hypothetically, and I repeat, hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn't fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say, " Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!" Yes, even if it were one of Jehovah's angels.

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/bewarethevoiceofstrangers.htm

I was just browsing the quotes site, (I do that occasionally) and I came across this excert from the 2003 convention. I couldn't beleive what I was hearing, and seeing how they attempt to reconcile this with the bulk of the talk which was about avoiding everything the society tells them to avoid. I think it speaks for itself. This next quote is from a bit further into the talk:

[26:20] Matthew chapter 17 verse 5 tells us that Jehovah's voice was heard on one particular occasion from heaven, saying with reference to Jesus, "This is my Son, my beloved, whom I have approved. Listen to him." So we listen to Jehovah, by listening to the Fine Shepherd, Christ Jesus. And we do that, today, by listening to the Faithful and Discreet Slave, who Jesus appointed over all his belongings to give us our spiritual food at the proper time. All the abundance of spiritual good things that we receive, including this convention arrangement.
  • Honesty
    Honesty

I am ashamed to admit that I once believed this blasphemous vomit.

• carla
    carla

I have asked husband if Jesus Himself were to appear to him and tell him the jw's are false if he would listen to Jesus or go on listening to the wt, silly me, no staight answer.

The second example you showed- problem there is I cannot find a jw who can explain why they are the fds, or if a teaching such as they pyramids was the 'right food at the right time', I have had jw's answer ridiculous questions like that with, 'yes, it was right at that time'. and so the circle begins again..

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

these people are incredible... this is their way of saying, "yeah we know its all BS... we also know that you know it, but guess what, its only BS cuz you dont have enough faith in our lies... so stay with us...." yeah this is a great religions... fuckin retards...

the infamous one

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The second example you showed- problem there is I cannot find a jw who can explain why they are the fds, or if a teaching such as they pyramids was the 'right food at the right time', I have had jw's answer ridiculous questions like that with, 'yes, it was right at that time'. and so the circle begins again

Funny, I've been going round and round with someone on another forum on this same subject. She has been avoiding me, then coming back with a typical JW "non-answer", and back to avoiding me when I try and pinpoint this FDS business.

Tonight she got so exasperated that she told me to "go and look it up for myself if I really wanted to know"...LOL! I just wrote back that it was okay...I could never answer it either whan I was a JW!

The mighty WTS had decided to adopt the FDS as their national pet spokesmen....and makes the claim that they are buds from years back....but the "truth" is...that nowhere can this be substantiated or given any credibility whatsoever!.......except in the minds and imaginations of the WTS, of course!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

"yeah this is a great religions... fuckin retards..." Come on now, what'd the retards ever do to you? Do they really deserve to be lumped into the same group as the WTBS? :-P Big Willy

• Kaput
    Kaput
    So we listen to Jehovah, by listening to the Fine Shepherd, Christ Jesus. And we do that, today, by listening to the Faithful and Discreet Slave, who Jesus appointed over all his belongings to give us our spiritual food at the proper time.

Typical top-down hierarchical arrangement.

And we listen to the elders, who listen to the circuit overseers, who listen to the district overseers....yadda yadda yadda.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I think many JWs have substituted McDonalds to give them food at the proper time at service breaks.

Ken P.

• biddie
    biddie

So did I! Until I investigated the foundings of the Watchtower! The Apostle Paul said- "Don't believe any new teachings." (paraphrased) Well- if The Witnesses aren't a "new" teaching I don't know what is!

I mean- If their teachings are valid ( and I know they are not) Where was Jehovah for 1800 years! Did all those people form Jesus till the WTBTS find themselves DEAD? no! that's plain rediculous... Biddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit