What Would It Take

by NestleBoy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• NestleBoy
    NestleBoy
    damn man, they have failed on so many prophecies, why would i believe anything they say now... its been enough..

I know and see what you're saying theinfamousone. I know there have been a few failed prophecies. I just don't pay attention too much to that. I just want something better then what this world has to offer.

Every religion / faith offers something better for the future. For the witnesses, life in a paradise earth. For Catholics, I think it's going to heaven after you die. For others getting caught up in the Rapture, and so on and so on...

Besides you have to be somewhere. All faiths say something or have said something that dubious at best. Right now I'm just concentrating on being a better, more spiritual person -- concentrating on me. I know there have been a few other JW's that have been harsh, mean, tell lies and hypocritical. But that's just them. I think you'll see that wherever you'll go.

sass_my_frass "they" haven't stolen my life. Yeah I still do grumble from time to time over some of the things taught, especially to "marry only in the Lord". And life's too short to feel bitter over minor changes in the Truth. Enjoy life and do what I can. I know some of you won't like me for feeling that way but that's my approach.

NestleBoy

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    There is some New Light to justify the non-anointed in the Governing Body, something about the Levites having attendants or something.

Not exactly. The new GB members first had to proclaim themselves "anointed".

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/101208/1.ashx

As has been pointed out, (1) the number of Memorial partakers is quite stable and (2) it has nothing to do with the running and editorial direction of the WTBTS.

The fact that a majority of the current GB members were baptised after 1935 suggests that the next WT "new light" is not to be what Nestleboy expects.

I just want something better then what this world has to offer.
    I'm afraid this makes you a good candidate for one delusion ride after another...
  • mdb
    mdb

NestleBoy,

The Watchtower continually claims that they are getting closer to the light. Often, it's when a prophecy they've made has gone sour that they use this "cop-out". Do you believe it true that the WTS is continually getting closer to the light?

• mdb
    mdb
    life's too short to feel bitter over minor changes in the Truth

You can't change the truth, no matter how minor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit