why i dont love god

by saturdaymorningblues 32 Replies latest jw friends

• saturdaymorningblues
    saturdaymorningblues

first of all i find it very hard to pray...i dont like the way we have to talk into the air hoping he is listening.

i dont like the way he expects us to do his will no matter what.

i just dont like god..i hate his way of doing things and i dont like that he has permitted his creation to suffer whilst we are living.

ill never love jehovah

• jgnat
    jgnat

Just conversationally speaking, what do you love? Kittens, dolphins, snowboarding?

• Scully
    Scully

Welcome.... I love your alias!

And.... I totally hear what you're saying about prayer and unquestioning obedience... and "perhaps" being saved. Barf-o-rama!

Jehovah, when you look at the qualities he possesses in the Bible, isn't a very nice person/god. I wouldn't want to worship that either.

• John Doe
    John Doe

God is what we make him/her/it.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Welcome Saturdaymorningblues

Yes, belief in that god doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Personally, I believe that we are all godlike because we are responsible for our actions in each and every situation.

This gives us a modicom of control of "our" world. Our reaction to what we can't control also sets our emotional state and way of seeing life and the planet.

In other words, love the god which is yourself

Andy

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

welcome to the board saturday!

it's looks like you are thinking straight to me.

nice to have you here. stick around and post lots!

cheers,

TS

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome ! I don't like that Jehovah character either. Thankfully, he doesnt exist.

GBL

• saturdaymorningblues
    saturdaymorningblues

i like playing my drums, i like big band jazz, i love good food..i dont like suffering and i dont like prayer because i can never be sure him up there is listening plus the fact that im not babtised and i dont do his will so i dont expect him to even hear my prayers.

there are times when i have cursed jehovah most vilely when im really pissed off and then i'll feel bad later and offer an apology later.

for example my health is suffering, i have some kind of skin problem like exema which keeps me awake itching and in pain

and its at times like that when i wanna curse god in the most hurtful way so that he will feel the pain and discomfort i feel when im trying to sleep and cant because my skin is itching so badly.

i just dont feel any reason to give thanks to god because i know that no matter what it is im thanking him for, sooner or later something is bound to go wrong.

i also dont like god's way of loving,

telling me i shouldnt sin when my skin is itching like crazy doesnt help me

if anything it makes me more frustrated.

i dont feel i get what i need from god so i say to hell with him.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:telling me i shouldnt sin when my skin is itching like crazy doesnt help me

Have you been to a doctor to get some skin cream? It should work better than cursing out imaginary deities.. just a suggestion. I had exema as a kid and I know how tormenting that is. Its treatable.

GBL

• jgnat
    jgnat

It really sticks in my craw that JW's teach people that God doesn't hear prayer. It cuts off a big part of your support.

What's wrong with imagining a God who loves drums and jazz like you do, that hears your prayers, and brushes off the insults? I notice that David stayed tight with God even though he called God all kinds of vile things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit