Would You NOT Do Business With a JW Simply Because He's a JW?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• mjs mouse, ben
    mjs mouse, ben

Worked for a family of JW's a few years ago which included papa JW(dad) mama JW(mom)and of course baby JW(son). Although I was not one of JW's, they allowed me to hold the position of "man of many uses" which included the title of logistics Mgr. There were at least 6 JW's who worked in other parts of the company, the others were "worldly" persons....When papa JW decided to retire from the company, baby JW took over and what do you think was his first order of business? He wanted to replace his 6 fellow JW's with automated machinery to save money(this is a multimillion $$$ a yr business!). Myself being a pro-worker type of person went to bat for the JW's who were about to lose their jobs to a robot. Baby JW was adamant and unmoving in his bid to replace them. Anyway after a few heated rounds of meetings, he decided to withdraw his "idea". Long story short, a few months later I was laid off and replaced with 4 people, can anyone see the logic here?,lol.......I still wonder if the JW's whos jobs I helped saved really appreciated me standing up for them. I never have recieved a single thank you. I moved to a different city since then and have a job in the same field with much more $$$ and definately more respect, my bosses are "worldly people".

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Personally I've only had problems with those on the way out, either on their own or by way of disfellowshipping.

Just my two cents.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Balsam, you wrote: "Hey Garybuss, Rug Doctor is it still owned by that JW guy?"

Not sure Balsam, My former contact inside the Rug Doctor business is currently shunning me. I rent the machines with the underlying belief that the Witness people are maintaining them. That may be a delusion, I'm not sure.

• moshe
    moshe

After my exit from the " JW -family" in 1988 I moved to another state and was in need of carpet cleaning. Of course, I asked around and found a JW owned cleaning service. I waited until the job was almost 3/4 done before turning on an ex-JW video. When they got to that last room and saw that video ,they packed up quickly and left- never did have to pay them either..

peace,

Moshe

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

The sad thing is when able and bright young JWs start working for JW employers and never really learn how to get a job on their own.

My own brother - who had pretty much only ever worked for JWs - said to me the other day:

"Can you help me with a resume? Everyone seems to want one nowadays!"

My wife started busting up laughing. Hahah.

Reminds me of that line from Dumb & Dumber:

Lloyd: "There are a lot of jobs in this town, if you want to work 40 hours a week! "

-ithinkisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit