INTERESTING TALK WITH A PENTACOSTAL PREACHER

by outoftheorg 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I had mentioned that I was raised in a jw family and we got to talking.

Quite an interesting exchange of information. When I brought up the pedophile problem in the jw's and the lack of action to make changes to protect the children, he told me that the pentacostal religious leaders required that each church and the preacher in charge had to have insurance and how expensive it was.

Also that the insurance companies required certain things be changed and followed. All the rooms that would be used for or by children had to have glass doors. That there were back ground checks on those who had contact with children and some more that I forget. .

It seems that those religions despised by the wbts are more concerned with protecting the children than the wbts is.

The wbts is more concerned with protecting them selves.

Outoftheorg

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Nice to know that they seem to be more pro-active than JW's are in this area.

But Pentecostalism is still pure garbage.

• juni
    juni

Agree w/Dan the Man. Being responsible, but crazy religion! juni

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Pentacostal is a crazy religion??

Oh yeah. I know that and do not intend to promote them or any other religion.

I shoulda made that clear to begin with.

This guy is a relative by marriage ,of my wife. So I felt like I should treat him nice.

No use destroying him in front of everyone.

It is the different outlook on the protection of children I want to express.

Outoftheorg

• juni
    juni

I know what you were getting at. Atleast they are proactive and cover their butts. WT ignores and denies when allegations come up. The pompous jerks.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Every time I read about people devoting themselves to charities, or setting up help lines for children I hang my head in shame that I used to believe that anyone who was not a JW deserved to be destroyed.

I had a seven day adventist come knocking on my door the other day doing their door to door preaching. She had been a Catholic. She then started searching for the truth, studied and went to meetings with JWs, mormons and 7th Dayers. She decided the 7 Day Adventists had the truth. It is amazing that so many JWs hear experiences at the assemblies about how people searching for truth become JWs and so this proves they are the only true religion. Or how people in other religions are basical bad.

I asked my mother how she felt about all the worldly people donating billions of dollars to help the Tsunami victims in countries that are not even Christian. Her response was that when people see suffering they get a pang of guilt, but the love they show others does not last long.

I already know what many a JW would say about this thread;

"The only reason that Pentecostals are doing this is to avoid being sued, they dont really care about the children, they just care about the money".

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I understand your feelings jwfacts.

It is also obvious that some of the behaviour of the wbts is also to keep from being sued. They try their best to leave the congregation or the elders as the responsible parties and then vigorously defend them if it comes to court.

Religion is a very strange world, filled with contradictions, beliefs and failures.

Outoftheorg

• juni
    juni

Personally that's why I have no use for any religions; they are all man-made w/their own rules and hypocrisies. I believe in being a spiritual person in which case you will show love to your neighbor not because it is a tenet but because it comes from your heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit