Arrogant JWs are more annoying than normal arrogant people!

by Jordan 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Jordan
    Jordan

There's a guy, he's a regular at work, none of the staff like him, he's particularly arrogant, it just so happens that he's a dub, he thinks he's superior to everyone else, always has done, even though he's been removed from being an elder twice, is a known wife beater, one of his daugters is an unmarried mother, and his other son was reproved for mooning in a church yard recently. Anyway. He telephones the shop, we're rushed off our feet, it's leading up to christmas, I end up taking the phone call, and he, somehow, instantly knows it's me and says "Jordan, you should pick up the phone quicker, I'm driving, you can't be that busy!" That comment really pissed me off. Aside from the fact that we were really busy, what the F@@@ was he doing using his phone while driving!?! And where the F@@@ does he get off telling me how to do my F@@@ing job! If the boss hadn't been standing near me while on the phone I'd have had a few choice words to say about his f@@@ed up family! Arrogant Bastard!

Is it me, or are arrogant JWs more annoying than normal arrogant people?

Sorry about my rant. And my language. (Edit. and my poor grammar!)

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Agreed,it's the "arrogance of ruthless egotism" Danny Haszard's catch-phrase say's all

• Balsam
    Balsam

Danny,

Yes a good portion of them are arrogant and very self-righteous pricks. Too bad you have deal with such a person.

Balsam

• Honesty
    Honesty

I see you've met one of Joe Hoba's happy people.

• skyman
    skyman

Totally agree!!!

• Frog
    Frog

I can only speak of one in particular, and that's my uncle (once long-time elder). He's otherwise a good man, but he has the most painful arrogance about him when he feels he's being pushed into a corner. I believe it's probably been part of his persona since pre-"truth", but is exacerbated over years of believing that he has the "truth", and must ultimately be right. It drives me nuts, so I try to avoid controversial topics as best as I can with him. Natural arrogance+JW=SUPER ARROGANCE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit