faith in a community

by gotcha 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kes152
    kes152

You will find that people that meet together and are part of a community are stronger (in faith) then those that do not.

If I may,

those you find in a 'community' all have the same lack of faith as many who are not in a community. There is only a mere 'remnant' that actually "believe" in the Lord Jesus. Ones who have given up ALOT of things for him, including their "good name" among people. They have been called wicked, evil, slanderers, apostates, blasphemers, etc. all because they listened and spoke the words they heard holy spirit speak.

Hence, the words of the Lord:

"When the Son of Man returns, will he REALLY find THIS faith in the earth????"

Luke 18:8

Aaron

• gotcha
    gotcha

thanks for your replies..i haven't checked this forum coz i was so busy with school stuff...it's true what you guys said but faith because it is personal yet social..i think it is a personal decision and one that comes from the heart when u choose to believe and hold on to that something. but also since we are social beings sometimes we can show our faith in the things we do, not only by going to church but also by helping others....but it seems to me that after growing out of that ethical and moral aspect of faith there's also this calling for a sense of responsibility to fulfill our christian obligations...but......obligations in a sense that we don't feel forced to go to church but because we want to.......hmm it's really so hard to grow out of the christian tradition because ..even before my mom became a jw we were always going to mass and studying in a catholic school all my life has in a way influenced my beliefs...the thing is..i really find sense in going to church/temple/place of worship coz i feel that for all the things that God has given us it's like a gesture of thankfulness in our part. although i believe that you could show thanks in other ways i feel the need to go to some place of worship...but i do think that 3x a wk is a bit too much...peacee...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit