What's with my kids?

by MsMcDucket 6 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My twins who are shunning me have now invited my youngest daughter and my grandson to come over to their apartment to visit. My youngest doesn't want to go. The grandson wants to see his aunts. I'm pissed just because I think they're full of malarkey. You think they're trying to indoctrinate my youngest and my grandson? Should I keep my other children away from them? Then they tell their dad to make sure that he confirms everything with me! Ain't that about a *&&^%?

*&^%$

• Legolas
    Legolas

Why not go with them!

That way if they bring up any JW stuff you can be there to 'change the subject'!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Is your youngest and grandson minors? If so they should come over your house to see them. Then I would apply the "no shunning of the lady of the house" rule.

Sounds like a totally lack of respect MsMcDucket.

Josie

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

MsMcDucket, I'm not sure what to say. I don't know a lot about your history. I'm assuming that your twins are JWs in good standing? Odds are they just miss they're family and would like to see the ones that they feel Jehovah wouldn't have a problem with. Your instinct is probably the best indicator available regarding what their true intentions are.

P.S. I too am a parent of twins.

• Scully
    Scully

If your JW family members want to see your daughter and grandson, and your daughter and grandson reside with you, then you have every right to put your foot down.

The JWs are the ones who drew the line in the sand and began to shun you. Don't make it easy for them. If they want to associate with your daughter and grandson, then they darn well better realize that you're part of that package and you will not be shunned in your own home and you will not facilitate their shunning of you. You provided the twins with money and set them up and they thank you by treating you as though you're dead. Well, today is the day you need to STOP BEING THEIR DOORMAT. No more money. No more gifts. No more help. They can damn well go to their Christian Brotherhood™ for financial support when they're broke. When they realize that life is so much better when they treat you with the respect and diginity that you are entitled to as their mother instead of shunning, then maybe things can change.

And yes, they are definitely trying to win over your other daughter and grandson to the JWs. They will teach your daughter and grandson to treat you the way they treat you and get them to think it's perfectly ok to do that. They are counting time on their Service Reports™, no doubt. Do not, under any circumstances, facilitate their plan to alienate you from the remaining family you have.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah! What Scully said!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I'm keeping my grandson while my daughter's in Maine. She's supposed to be back today. I ended up letting them (daughter and grandson) go with the twins. They took them to see the movie Chicken Little and had them over for supper. The grandson had a grand time. He's only three years old. Well, I'm going to take everyone's advice to heart. It's going to be hard to do the reverse shun thing, but that's what I need to do. I told my twin daughter that I loved her. She just looked at the floor. Sad day in my history book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit