What is the most unique name you've encountered?

by Why Georgia 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

This question comes to mind right now because I seem to be surrounded by pregnant women.

3 of the Mom's in my sons' Kindergarten class of 12 - are pregnant and in the other classes I notice a similar trend.

It's not a large school - maybe 60 kids max between the preschool and Kindergarten. But I counted 20 pregnant women one day and 10 new babies.

The latest new baby has been blessed with the name Cornelius. I kept thinking of planet of the apes......poor kid.

So I was wondering what is the most wierd or unique name you've encountered.

WG

• Legolas
    Legolas

My dad the other day was telling me about this couple down in the states who had three children and named them...Harddrive, Microsoft and Google!
    That is not a joke!

• damselfly
    damselfly

A girl legally named Pepsi. Yup after the softdrink.

Dams

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Oh man, that's horrible! My husband is a computer geek and luckily nothing like that was even thought of when naming our boys!

Poor kids!

• blondie
    blondie

Names like

Ima Hogg

Dora Bell

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

When I worked for a bank we had a customer named Mary Chris Smith

(Say it quickly, then curse her parents as she no doubt does daily!)

Dave

• daystar
    daystar

Well, I don't have a most weird or unique. But I've known a few...

Queezy (The full name she went by was Cuisinart. Don't ask. Real name? I'll never know.)

Athena

Donald.... (wait for it...) Duck

Sartha Vongvivitpatana (somehow, I still remember it)

Albrecht Durer - Yes, the artist. http://www.timmyabell.com/justinsite/durer.htm

• Grog
    Grog

I just rented a house to a lady.. her sons names were Cody, Cordory, and Coyote thought that was interesting...

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

Ok i'll add to our list...

Deepak Mangate

Rajesh Ganesh

Rob Wilburforce Lothian ( yes you read that correctly...Wilburforce! May the Wilburforce be with you Luke, always!))

Dez

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Cornelius - when i think of that name I think of a WTS book - maybe the live forever book or bible story book of a bearded man who was an unbeliever kneeling on an Ikea circular stripey carpet being hospitable to Paul the apostle. Anyone else remember that?

What will they call him at school for short - corny?

A little girl on our street is called Tallulah which is a first for me outside of Bugsy Malone. She's dead cute and funny though - she cracks me up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit