Pioneer School Book

by Eyebrow 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be a pioneer and go to pioneer school. I remember how every summer a crop of pioneers would come back all excited from the school with a "pioneer book" that no one was allowed to read except pioneers that had gone to school. Seriously, even as an adult a good friend of mine would not even let me take a peak, as it was taboo.

That always bothered me. If the pioneers were the ones that were spiritually stronger than the average publisher, why did they get to have an extra book to help them?

Can anyone give me an idea? or post any of a past pioneer book???

• Francois
    Francois

The so-called pioneer book serves the same function as a charm or talisman or other mark of distinction given by shamans to their apprentices. It's supposed to mark them as special to the shaman and protect them from both evil spirits in general and from harm within the village from their own tribe members. It was apparently taboo for other villagers to touch these charms, and the apprentice was never to remove them from their persons.

This "secret" book is also directly related to the ritual secrets of the ascendency in Freemasonry. Ya just can't get to the 33rd degree without being the guardian of secrets you know. But you better avoid anything at all that had its origin in "pagan" religion: like using the names of Roman gods to make reference to the days of the week or months of the year. You gave that up in the JWs didn't you?

Like so much that goes on in the JWs, it just more cheap-tent crap from the side show.

• blondie
    blondie

The Pioneer School Book in no way resembles the Elders Book that does have information you won't find in the WT publications. The PSB is merely an outline about how to live your personal life and congregational life with zillions of scriptures. The other parts are instruction on how to go door to door, make return visits, and conduct Bible studies. Most of what matters is discussed during the approximately 10 days in class (some time spent in ministry). Usually 2 circuit overseers tag team the discussions. There are also demonstrations given by some of the pioneer students (chosen the day before and rehearsed by the COs). The only amazing thing is that you are encouraged to make return visits the same day and 2 days later. It is probably the only time the average JW really spends a large block of time looking up scriptures in the Bible. So there would be no insight into the deep secrets of the WTS.

• Prisca
    Prisca

My sister showed me her Pioneer Book after she returned from the Pioneer School.

No big secrets - rather, just instructions on how to be more effective in the witnessing work, and info on different scriptural subjects.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I have to agree with Francois that the book, regardless of it's actual content, *IS* treated as an amulet, charm or talisman.

The amulets, charms and talismans of other religions and secret societies do not contain any *real* magical (spiritual) power, do they? No, their value is entirely in the perception of the holder of the "mojo bag."

The practice of such rituals on the part of the Watchtower serves to train the subject to the idea of a "priviledged class" within the WTB&TS. As one works his (always HIS) way through the "degrees", more secrets are revealed, as with the elder's book.

"The Book Of The Elders" - HA! is this "Lord Of The Rings"? Or some Lovecraftian "Necronomicon"? Not that the average witness would know, since the mysterious cabal known as the "governing body" (Baphomet had no body - this body has no head!) forbids the reading of such books.

The sheep would get confused, you see - they would quickly forget which lies to believe.

If the content of these books is ENTIRELY scriptural, why the secrecy?

Oh, that's right - we need the WTB&TS to tell us what the Bible REALLY means, because the BIBLE is filled with "old light."

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

I have never understood why the WTS has these " secret books". Like the "pay attention" Elders manual. It's almost like a secret society thing. What really infuriates me though is the fact that you are not allowed to see you're own congregation pub. records. When I was going through my problems years ago, in a judicial committe, the P.O. had my file in his hand and was looking at my history-made me feel like a criminal. I was not allowed to see what was in the file. Really makes me angry that they can have these records in there and even send them to a new congreagtion and you are never allowed to see you're own records. I feel like they are in a way invading my privacy. They should not have that right. That is MY history, not theirs.

Also the fact that even if the accusations are false, and their is a mistake, you are still branded for life! I really hate that.

Just my thoughts, Thanks!

Remember, with vitameatavegamin, you can spoon you're way to health.

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Thanks for all the answers...it sounds like what I thought it would be.

It is wierd that you were not allowed to see your publisher record. It was encouraged in the congregation I grew up in to ask to see it.

Oooo...I would love to see the Elder's book. (I am just like a little kid...if I ain't supposed to see it, I want to see it even more!)

• Escargot
    Escargot

The Flock book is on a web page. Go to Yahoo search and type "flock" and you will find it. Full of legalisms and other works of law stuff. However, it can help you if you are before a committee. “Rules of evidence” and other loopholes the Elders sometimes forget to tell the investigated/accused.

Erasmus (1520 AD): "If we want truth, every person ought to be free to speak what they think without fear."

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Pay Attention to All The Flock book is available on-line -- is the Pioneer School Book does anybody know?

• simplesally
    simplesally

I don't think a PSB would be online. It's really like Blondie said, an outline....... a book of Questions. You put so much personal information in there....you write out your answers, you write out your notes/comments on the sidebars. I would not be willing to post my book because I put so much of myself into it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit