If you could ask

by carla 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
  • Frog
    Frog
    Who really is the "faithful and discreet slave"????

oh jula, you stole my line already;) x

• atypical
    atypical

I agree with Gary, I would want to know all about the money. And secondly, I want to know - do they really believe all of it? I know it seems silly, that there's no way they believe what they teach, but there are all kinds of deluded people with a Jesus complex or whatever, and I'm just curious to know if they have their minds wrapped around what they are doing to the point that they believe it, or are they just pure opportunists who love control.

• garybuss
    garybuss

If they believed what they teach, they wouldn't keep changing it. The reason THEY change what they teach, is that THEY don't believe it. Commandment #11: Thow shalt not change that which thow believeith thyself.
    The printing company has made an industry out of doctrine change.
    The beliefs are not beliefs, they are policies. Policies like any business has. When a religion has a policy, it's called doctrine. The Governing Body is a corporation board of directors and they vote on policy. That policy is printed up and all members are encumbered to believe it as doctrine.

• atypical
    atypical

But I mean, do they believe they really represent the supreme god of the universe and are responsible for all his chosen people? I don't know why I care, but I have wondered about that many times lately.

• garybuss
    garybuss

That'll have to be your question for them AT.

• atypical
    atypical

I'm sorry, I don't know what that means - "AT" ?

• garybuss
    garybuss

AT = atypical

• atypical
    atypical

Ok, I officially feel stupid now. I'm not as used to my fake name as I should be. I wish I was braver and had my real name posted.

But you are right, they are a business, a machine producing policies. It's funny, but that's kind of what started my whole process of doubting, then questioning, then researching. It was the fact that I felt the reason I didn't fit in and felt miserable all the time was because the society was a machine with a business policy that I did not fit into. I was not "profitable", therefore I did not matter. I kept thinking about what I learned in real estate school about having a business model and sticking to it. I started seeing the org as a corporation with a very specific business model. It really fits if you think about it; they have the business model, they have systems, they have verbiage, they have an answer for every objection that may come up(I didn't say a good or truthful answer), they are following every step that you might read about in some business guide. At least, that's how it seems to me.

• Frog
    Frog

"can you lie straight in bed at night!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit