Is recovery possible?

by gcc2k 22 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good
    However, I've found that it will tend to swing back the other way again and center a bit more in a balanced center.

What Daystar said. But PATIENCE is important here.

j

• new boy
    new boy

Whatever you do will be perfect............I stayed in for 16 years after I knew it was bullsh...T

And Why............. I didn't what to loose my wife, kids and friends.

I went to a "shrink" just before I left (actually it was my wife, that left) and after 3 visits of me telling him my crazy life story and him not saying much.........I said "So you see Doc....... It looks like I'm screwed no matter what I do".............He said "YEP"

So my friend whatever you decide with be right..........for you.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

I find it interesting..or perplexing, as the case may be...that many people who still wish to be identified as having some type of religious faith despite leaving their religion, call themselves "god fearing". You see, that was one of the terms that even as a kid used to set off all sorts of red flags in my mind. It was only after coming to this board that I learned the term "cognitive dissonance". I could never make the equation equalize: "loving caring god + "true believer" = "god fearing". If god was so nice and loving and caring, why the need to fear him?

Then again, I suppose it depends on whether we're talking about the old testament god, or the new. The old testament god did things like flood the world for people being naughty or rain fire and brimstone down on cities that were 'sinful and wicked'. This god would be feared by anyone rational, if he existed. The new testament god is a horse of a different feather. This god, through Jesus, talks of forgiveness and mercy. Oh wait, then there's Revelations...back to slaughter and brimstone. Guess you better fear this one, too.

Conclusions:

1) God IS loving and caring and merciful-there is no need to fear him.

2) God is NOT any of those things, it's perfectly right to fear him. But if I have to be afraid of god...why would I want to worship him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit