Moments of clarity (aka the fog lifting)

by damselfly 13 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

I sometimes feel as if my life is lived in a self induced fog (or hamster bubble ) punctuated with little moments of clarity where I smack myself in the forehead and go "Oh that's why!" Most these revelation moments are concerning why I feel/act in certain situations/life in general in comparsion as to how I would have been/did act as a JW teen.

The lastest head smacking moment was me thinking that the reason these moments are scattered might be because the whole thing all at once might be too much to handle mentally. Maybe it's better to realize how scarred you are in little bits at a time instead of all at once. Do you think this a general coping mechanism for a lot of people? Or as per usual, am I just wacky?

Dams

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Yes wacky! But onto something. I have my little epiphanies every few weeks usually when I'm trying to figure out why I cannot get something to work right in my life. The solution always comes that it is simply the way we have been programmed. I seem to forget this and then I'm reminded and I smile. The smile comes because I'm finally re-writing my hardwired code. I think you are onto something great.

Have missed you by the way

CHL

• damselfly
    damselfly

So it's not a secret that I'm wacked?

I've been doing so much thinking the past few weeks about evrything you could think of. I'm mentally exhausted. It's about time for another transformation period in my life, I think I've accomplished what I could in this version of me. On to the new and improved.

Missed you as well, was about to do a questioning post about your whereabouts and then "poof!" there you were.

Dams

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

speak of the devil and he shall appear

• damselfly
    damselfly

or do I have the power to control you with my mind?

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

mmm. freaky. after the rum and coke maybe you'll make me do other things that I wouldn't ordinarily. LOL. I am throughly amused.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Right where I want you. Await further instructions.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

damselfly, I can so relate to you. You said, "Maybe it's better to realize how scarred you are in little bits at a time instead of all at once."
    Yup, I think this is the brain's way of making sure you don't go into shock. I sometimes tell my clients who are on the healing path that it's like peeling the layers of an onion. You strip off one layer at a time. You take it slow as there is always more under every layer, yet at some point you reach the core. And then, that's the best part for you've discovered who you are.
    All my best to you on your journey to wholeness.
    tall penguin

• damselfly
    damselfly

Thank you for your wellwishes.

I sometimes tell my clients who are on the healing path that it's like peeling the layers of an onion. You strip off one layer at a time. You take it slow as there is always more under every layer, yet at some point you reach the core. And then, that's the best part for you've discovered who you are.

This reminds me of Shrek telling Donkey that ogres are like onions. Not because they were smelly and made you cry, but because they had layers.

I'm getting closer to the core of me. It's a never-ending journey at times, but I'm getting there.

Dams

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

im sorry to kinda hi-jack your thread here... very nice thread but for once i dont have much to say about it... YOU ARE GORGEOUS HUN!!!!!!! WOW! lol, reason to move out to nova scotia...

the infamous one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit