My book was released yesterday

by fairchild 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• fairchild
    fairchild

Thank you all.

seeitallclearlynow, Haha, I was never interested in poetry either. It wasn't until I started to learn about it that I could appreciate the art. Now I'm an avid reader of poetry. I used to not care at all for Shakespeare, but now that I have read just about everything he ever wrote, I have to say that he was a brilliant writer.

To me, poetry has become like music. Some is crappy, and some has such a beauty it can move me to tears.

Brenda, indeed, just in time for people to put it on their holiday shopping list, it couldn't have worked out better. I had some awful delays, normally the book would have been out in August, but now I'm glad it came out this time of year.

• fairchild
    fairchild

The publisher just set up a website where I can follow the progress of the sales. SOOO exciting, they just sold the first copy. I haven't done anything about promotion yet, as I had a busy time at work in the past few days, but I'm going to start soon. I am having interviews with two newspapers next week, they are going to help with the promotion. I'm so very excited about all this.

The thing about publishing.. it's a lot of work, but once the book is there, it really gets exciting.

• Frog
    Frog

Wow Fairchild, publishing such wonderful work is truley the ultimate gift to the world. You should be so very proud of yourself, for such a monumentous achievement. I can only but imagine the blood, sweat and tears that must've gone into it:) Cheers babe, you're a star! frog x

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

That is totally awesome! I am so happy for you.. Congratulations, Fairchild!

country girl

• fairchild
    fairchild

Thank you, countrygirl.

Frog, you have no idea. Once I start writing something, I forget to eat, forget to sleep, I am completely absorbed by it. Once I even forgot to go to work while I was in the middle of writing something.

It has been a passionate and interesting journey so far.

• luna2
    luna2

Wow, that's great! I'm not a huge poetry reader either...much like seeitallclearly...but I'm so pleased for you. Congratulations!

• JT
    JT

you are an inspiration, my wife and i are writing a book as well f our life in the wonderful world or WT

thanks for the movtivation

• hubert
    hubert

Congratulations !!

Sure hope it does well.

Hubert

• fairchild
    fairchild
    you are an inspiration, my wife and i are writing a book as well f our life in the wonderful world or WT

Writing is a great way to deal with things, it really is. I wish you and your wife all my best. Get the word out there about the WTS!

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hello Trafford!

Congratulations! May this be the first of many! It's a grand feeling.

Wishing you sales thru the roof,
    Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit