Solution for "Unbelieving Mates" - Add Fun

by jgnat 17 Replies latest social relationships

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good plan, Lady Lee. I have more than a dozen other strategies in the works. At my current rate of progress, twenty weeks? Also very popular lately are the polls. I intend on compiling the polls so I can present a broader perspective. I am also open to collaboration, hint hint.

Future solutions:

Add Fun - Done!
    Be a Tugboat
    Can't Beat em
    Confront Quietly - Done!
    Dress for the Hall
    Make Peace with the Cult Personality
    Pro and Con
    Reinforce their Humanity
    Reveal your Humanity
    Reverse Psychology
    Start a Family Bible Study
    Stick to the Topic
    Sudden Shock
    Talk like a JW
    Turn off the Cult Personality
    Use Humor
    Word Pictures

A friend is looking at some scripts as well, to refute common JW talking points:

- God requires us to obey and we learn to obey by following the bible's commands.
    - The bible is completely trustworthy for instruction on Christian living.
    - Satan works hard to keep you from the truth.
    - Satan can work through your loved ones.
    - Christendom's Churches strayed from God when they adopted the trinity.
    - Those who follow the trinity doctrine follow three gods.
    - God hates customs that have a pagan origin.
    - God works through One True Religion.
    - The world is steadily getting worse and we are living in the last days.
    - Jehovah's Witnesses advocate a clean lifestyle that is rare in our modern world.
    - Christendom's Churches are all corrupt and have failed mankind and failed God.
    - Even though the WTS has it's problems, we are to be patient and wait for Jehovah to work it out.
    - At least we are better than anything else out there!

JW: Do you think man could solve the problems we have?

Householder: I think some people are really trying to do the right thing.

Credit, PC, JWD, November 2, 2005

JW: Can I leave a Watchtower for you to read?

Householder: I read the bible own my own and do not need any other literature to go along with it.

JW: Isn't hard for you to understand it?

Householder: no I find by praying for understanding it becomes completely clear.

JW: No response.

Credit, PC, JWD, November 2, 2005

'Where else would you find such loving,clean people to asscociate with?''

Elders told me they did not believe everything in the WT either,but just wait for Jehovah to put it right...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I am also open to collaboration, hint hint

Well I've been known to write a book or two so when you get to that point let me know

• jgnat
    jgnat

What point? When I've got it mostly written? I'll need some help knowing the steps.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Getting a lot of it written is a good start. To submit a query to a publisher they would want a chapter or two so they can see what you have

I'm off tomorrow to my daughter's for the week. We will do our own little rememberance of Robin there. But when I get back maybe we could talk about this and get some ideas about what you would need to publish a book and what direction to go in.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Saving for my own reference, more JW one-liners. Thanks, toer 5777

I have not yet to find another organization in the world that is like the Jehovah's Witnesses.

My response, 9 Nov 2005 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/101607/1752453/post.ashx#1752453

Yes it has made mistakes, they are imperfect humans.

What other organization in the world goes preaching house to house like jesus did?

Ingenuous, 5 Nov 2005 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/101607/1752528/post.ashx#1752528

Why is that JW's are persecuted all over the world?

The Watchtower has made mistakes but it is ruled by Jehovah.

Almost Athiest, 9 Nov 2005 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/101607/1752394/post.ashx#1752394

What other religion believes in a paradise here in earth?

Ingenuous, 5 Nov 2005 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/101607/1752528/post.ashx#1752528

We are living in very bad times and I know that the end is near.

People reject Jehovah's Organization because it is too strict.

No, I reject the Jehovah's Witness organization because I don't believe they have the truth.

Let me guess you can't have drugs, nor fornication?

That is very rude. I am a clean-living Christian. Why would you assume such bad things of me?

Right I'm sorry where should I go and find the truth outside the so called cult?

The question is not where, but who. I believe you can have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, without the help of the Watchtower materials.

What is it that you guys believe in?

Jehovah's Witnesses don't pressure their members to donate.

What, you missed the last five articles on avoiding materialism and concentrating on spiritual things? Lately the Jehovah's Witnesses are definitely asking for more money.

I have researched other religions and beliefs and for me the truth is in the JW.

I'm sorry but there is no religion out there that takes seriously what the bible states.

Sorry, but the Amish, Mennonites, and the Seventh Day Adventists are much more serious about doing what the bible states.

The other religions are all wrong because they worship symbols and idols like the cross.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I dont think that it is brotherly of you to critize another religion.

But the Watchtower society says that all other religions are pagan and apostate, and those who follow them will die. The Watchtower society says they are the only ones who follow Jehovah's laws accurately. Any religion who claims to be the only ones to stand as mediator between God and man are held to a higher standard.

If someone is mad because of the displine it has to be done to keep the JW organization clean.

I'm sure I'm in the truth because the JW's are preaching that the Armagedon will come.

I see how Jehovah helps his organization how we have expanded preaching to more than 200 countries.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

wow jgnat, that was a wild thread. really really well done. i wish i had the energy still. but i don't.

again, THAT was cool to read.

(sigh)

thanks,

:)

TS

• jgnat
    jgnat

Awwwe, sweetie. Big warm squishy motherly busomy hugs for you. You'll find a soulmate one day. (Ruffles your rumpled hair) I am sure of it. Now stop sounding like an old man, OK?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit