Is there proof that............

by deceit 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

• larc
    larc

Forgive me for showing my ignorance in not knowing the scripture, but wasn't it against Old Testemant law to shave, thus all the oldies, but goodies had beards? Am I right in my recollection of the sacred word of the latter day times?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

What about David's ambassadors who had their beards half shaved off by the enemy king? They had to wait for their beards to grow back before they could report to the king.

A missionary I knew told me how the Dani tribe of Irian Jaya shaved. If you had a spare afternoon, you'd get a stick and half break it, then use it as a pair of tweezers to pluck out the beard, hair by hair.

The Israelites didn't have the technology to be clean shaven? Give me a break!

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

It would seem... to ME... that if an Israelite could have a razor 'come upon his head'... he could certainly have had one come upon his beard'. Perhaps, then, the admonishment NOT to do so, in some instances. DUH!

Your father, unfortunately, has been misled... like all 'borg 'drones'. He does not need to continue to be, though. Depends on whether he himself is 'loving it'...

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

I know that there was supposedly one of the 12 tribes (Benjamin or Levi?) that were never allowed to shave their heads or their beards - remember, Samson was of that tribe. And we all know what happened when Delilah got ahold of a razor! (No offense to your sweetheart, Abaddon).

--Michael

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit