Utopian society = no interracial marriage

by coolhandluke 19 Replies latest jw friends

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

A brief aside

I love women. Tall, short, thick, skinny, brown, yellow, red and all shades in between. I even love the green women on the original Star Trek. Perhaps the reason I like women outside of my own background is simply that I hate fitting into a pre-concieved mold of what I am to be or what I am supposed to be attracted to. Why is it that in all of the Society's literature, there exists no cultural diversity in the couplings?

Am I seeing things?

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

We (WT) only desegregated in the 70's man, give it time!

Swalker

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I never noticed it either. I knew such a couple. They met in the strawberry fields at WT farm. When he brought her to his home congo to meet his family and home congo, a lot of JWs told them not to marry. The sister was of mixed race and grew up in Trinidad and then her family moved to NYC. Everyone assumed she was a light skinned black. Her father was East Indian and her mother French and African mixed. The sister was heart broken by the response they received and would not let anyone get close to her in friendship. Their daughters were beautiful.

• Dune
    Dune

Not to burst your bubble but in the "Keep on the watch" brochure. There is a white guy with a black lady and their kid.

I go to a predominantly black kingdom hall/circuit/district. So it would be kind of hard to go out with a white,hispanic or asian sister simply cause they arent around. But the white girls at school seem to like me, lol

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

My bubble isn't burst. I'm trying to get a more balanced view. Perhaps I'm skewed. That is not my desire. I just loved mixed anything. I love the way the children are. I love how the cultures mix in the home. Color really doesn't have to even come in the mix. It is just easiest to discern from the outside. I think Cubans and Mexicans are awesome.

• lola28
    lola28

Ahhhhh, its good to know that us Mexicans are loved.

lola

• daystar
    daystar

Are you kidding me? Give me a hot latina any day of the week.

• lola28
    lola28

This so funny, I'm actually sitting in my office LOL.

lola

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

White chicks with some Native American thrown in can be pretty hot, too.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I have two white uncles who married black women. My best friend in the JWs was white and also married a black woman. He got a lot of shit from it. I personally have no problem with interratial marriage, but black women turn me off. Caty is a ghost-white red-head irish girl, that's my taste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit