Ghost, Spirits and the Dead

by free2beme 24 Replies latest jw friends

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

those who believe they are nothing but meat machines forget that the mystery of consciousness has never been solved by anyone and are thinking backwards as to what is factual.

it is a FACT that we conscious as anyone reading this need not test for themselves as they know it beyond doubt, however it is NOT a fact that anything you are conscious about represents anything real at all. your body, your brain, your world may all be just dream elements without basis in any reality other than your own imagination... to say when do you get this spirit is backwards, its really when did you get this body within your self as the only body you know is just a representation of any real body that may exist.

• toby888
    toby888

Thanks, Brenda, and hugs. But I know who can settle this thing once and for all: GHOSTBUSTERS!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Brenda please give me the name of the hotel and where it is at...Because I want to go and stay there some night!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Haahaaa Toby, now GHOSTBUSTERS is a figment! (and hugs back atcha)

Legolas, it's the Edgefield in Troutdale Oregon http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=3/

All of the McMennamin's hotels are haunted, as are many of their pubs, as they are in some very old venerable locations. They have a UFO fest at the Oregon Hotel in McMinnville.

boo!

• free2beme
    free2beme

I kind of read over all the comments and just had a couple I wanted to respond too. In the comment, "do animals have spirits." I believe that life has a energy or electrical field to it, so to speak. It is referred to in the five elements as Spirit. This Spirit is what connects life. In eastern religion, it is a concept of Chi. In all, it is a energy that is in all and more personalized in the individual being of our own personality. When we die, we do not loss that and for the most part we rejoin the great energy or Spirit or come in balance with all universal energy. So an animal, a tree or anything with life has Spirit, and when they die, their Spirit rejoins the universe. I do believe that we choose our Spirit guides before we enter this physical world, and they help us to achieve the goals we set out for ourselves. I feel that in past lives we may too, have been Spirit guides for others. Now, is their proof, depends on how open minded we are. I have found that to the closed minded, there is never proof of anything. For me, when I finally came in line with this thinking, it was compared to tuning into what I always knew, but never heard or read before. It was really a very enlightening experience to finally have someone say what I was thinking, and I do believe that Spirit has a female and male personality as it is a combination of both. In Wicca it is referred to as Goddess and Gods. Where to they fit in? Maybe I will mention that later. Above all though, I have learned that death beliefs are very personal and often upsetting, as it is the one certainty in life we know will happen to us, we are all going to die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit