BIG WEEKEND JW NEWS STORY EXPOSES HEARTLESS CULT

by West70 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• debator
    debator

Hi prodigal

Your not bitter, unobjective, dehumanising and biased at all I see....

And if you decided all witnesses where as you described would you justify mass slaughtering them in a war?

• zoiks
    zoiks

Interesting story. I think I remember hearing about this back in the day.

Oh, and I see that Godwin's Law is in full effect today

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ren/bator, It is heartening to see the JW cult exposed more and more. perhaps a benefit of this education will be governments stepping in.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

2 Corinthians 10:3
    For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.

Looks like you cherry-picked the NIV for this verse; other translations make it clear that Paul was talking about spiritual, not physical warfare:

For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. (ESV)

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, (NASB)

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare according to [what we are in the] flesh. (Yes, even the NWT).

Read the context. This verse has nothing to do with whether a Christian should serve in the military. It's talking about spiritual warfare against false teachings (notice verse 5).

In Luke 3:14, soldiers came to John the Baptist and asked what they should do (in response to the message he had preached). Did he tell them that their military service was unacceptable to God and that they should resign from the army? No:

Luk 3:14 Soldiers also asked him, "And we, what shall we do?" And he said to them, "Do not extort money from anyone by threats or by false accusation, and be content with your wages."

Similarly, there is no record that Cornelius was asked to resign as a Roman soldier (even an officer!) in order to be pleasing to God (Acts 10).

Paul used military illustrations constantly (Ephesians 6, for example, but there are many others). Why would he do that if military service were repugnant to God? Can you picture Paul using adultery or murder as an illustration of spiritual virtues? Of course not - but he used military imagery over and over again.

It's true that some historians report that the earliest Christians did not join the military. But why was that? Was it a moral position taken on biblical grounds? Or could it have been that the earliest Christians lived under the Roman empire, which spent a lot of time trying to hunt them down, destroy their scriptures, and throw them into arenas to be eaten by lions? If that was the business in which the army was engaged, one can easily see why the Christians would refrain from joining - not because military service in itself was forbidden, but because the military AT THAT TIME was their greatest enemy.

I see no biblical objection to military service in a nation where the military is not engaged in the persecution of Christians. I respect that other Christians may disagree with my position. What I don't respect is that an organization dictates matters of conscience for its members in a pharisaical fashion and requires parents to shun their children who make a conscientious decision that differs from the organizational position.

• rocketman
    rocketman

We all know that fighting in wars is against jw beliefs. Fine. But the parents still could have at least met their sons upon their arrival. That doesn't in itself mean that they support war - they are simply welcoming their boys home. The parents are taking shunning to the extreme. Many jw parents will see their DA'd/DF'd sons and daughters under far less trying circumstances.

• debator
    debator

Hi neon

lets try some other tranlslations shall we?

2 Corinthians 10:3

GOD'S WORD Translation About GW Of course we are human, but we don't fight like humans. 2 Corinthians 10:3 New Century Version About NCV We do live in the world, but we do not fight in the same way the world fights. 2 Corinthians 10:3 Revised Standard Version About RSV For though we live in the world we are not carrying on a worldly war, Your being deceptive over the word flesh/world which the bible uses to indicate Mankind apart from God.

it's all in the context.

2 Corinthians 10 (New International Version)

1 By the meekness and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you—I, Paul, who am "timid" when face to face with you, but "bold" when away! 2 I beg you that when I come I may not have to be as bold as I expect to be toward some people who think that we live by the standards of this world. 3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. Yes he is refering to our spiritual goals now I have never denied this but he also shows that we no longer war or use physical weapons accordng to our fleshly/worldly nature. This is no way negates that fighting as fleshly people is not our way now as Christians.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

-bator, did you graduate 6th grade?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Debator wrote:

Hi prodigal

Your not bitter, unobjective, dehumanising and biased at all I see....

And if you decided all witnesses where as you described would you justify mass slaughtering them in a war?

Unlike JW's, I don't wish harm on anyone. What I wish and pray for is the death of Watchtower, Inc., and any other organization that inhibits the spiritual evolution of mankind.

~PS

• clarity
    clarity

Neutral... my butt! Is there a more a blood thirsty "christian" organization!

All you have to do is just speak to 'the disfellowshipped' and you will be cast out too!

Which means you're condemed to DEATH. And their decision, will make God stop hearing your prayers! lol

They are so not neutral, that they would kill the 'disobedient' except that the Laws of the Land, stop them from doing so.

But their Shunning Policies still do kill ... family, friend, & business relationships. They affect where and how you live. They break to pieces your heart and leave you no hope of future life!

I wish the following quotes could be sent to every newspaper & magazine, not only in the U.S but in Canada also.

w5211/15p.703QuestionsfromReaders***

In
    thecaseofwhereafatherormotherorsonordaughterisdisfellowshiped [disassociated],howshouldsuchpersonbetreatedbymembersofthefamilyintheirfamilyrelationship?—P.C.,Ontario,Canada.

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. . . Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation.

w825/15pp.24-25HowYouMustAct!***

No enemy of Jehovah and of Christ the King will survive! The Bible here shows that the mighty ones of the earth—the rulers of the nations, the military leaders, the wealthy business magnates—and all who support them, whether conscripted or volunteers, will have to meet up with Jehovah’s judgment. They will have no way to flee! Their selfish schemes and efforts to preserve this old wicked system will fail. They will be forced to see that heaven’s favor is not upon them.
    DannyHaszard

>

Thanks Danny

• clarity
    clarity

So is this a new story or 4 yrs old!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit