Toby 888 is "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses"

by toby888 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• toby888
    toby888

I finally did it. My DA letter was short and sweet, so I gave them nothing to use for potential ammunition. For those of you who have read my posts, I came to the point where the slow fade was not an option. My wife threatened to "go to the Elders" unless I resumed a Family Study so I explained to them what I have learned about evolution and that there is no such thing as Demons, it is something used to make people afraid and enslave their minds, and that in my view the Bible is discredited. I have faith now in my son, I am confident that when he sees how relaxed, relieved, happy and self-confident I am that he will come around.

With my chat with an Elder I explained to him in great detail that I am rejecting all non-falsifiable belief systems and explained Carbon 14 dating, potassium argon dating, how human remains have been reliably dated to 42,000 years BP, the gradual change of complexity of life over time as found in the fossil record, and reasons why Evolution is not a "scientific religion" but is a falsifiable model, which can be disproved with factual evidence.( to which I owe a great deal of gratitude to Talkorigins.org). I also explained about how the eye was made all wrong and so I don't buy the "Intelligent Design" arguments either. Went on to say that the faith of everyone in the hall is suspect because of the psychological coercion of shunning. Perhaps he now has something to cause him similar headaches like what I went through.

The house is now in peace because everything is done. For me the DA letter has provided peace in the house and my dear wife who is still in says I am a great guy with lots of wonderful qualities.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

YAY! Toby, that's great! You walked away cleanly and your JW wife actually sees you as a human instead of an apostate. What a wonderful post!

Thanks for sharing!

Dave

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Man Im proud. You DAers are taking a good stand. Dont cut them any slack. Dont let them think you left because you are weak. I see so many new people posting here and also DAs. This seems to be a definate upsurge.

s to infinity.

Matt

• sf
    sf

Fly high now, anywhere you wish.

sKally

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I love success stories! Glad to hear this, Toby.

AuldSoul

• sf
    sf

toby,

Is there a way you can merge both your threads together, as to keep all comments, and then delete one of them?

Mods, could you help out?

sKally

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Toby that's great news, well done my friend. Enjoy your freedom

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

Congratulations on the start of your new life

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Congratulations, but wait until you hear about the one about evolution AND the creation acounts being false... we were really placed here by Aliens, dont you know!~?!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

actually sam both accounts are true. See we evolved to a point, then the aliens created us as we are today through genetic manipulation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit